Green Lipped Mussels

morphjk

Extremely effective here, my Staffy girl has elbow dysplasia and arthritis from a patella surgery and I find it better than the other Gluc/Chond for it's anti-inflammatory properties.

You can get it in capsules- Pure Animal Wellbeing and Technyflex brands, Advance pet foods have it as Arthri-Care Chewies (they're what I use) and Royal Canin have it in therapeutic amounts in their Mobility Support dry food. :thumbsup:

Mel.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I was sent a sample of dried green lipped mussels and while they looked discusting the dogs were more than happy to eat them as treats and I would happily use them if my dogs needed them.Think you only needed to give 2 mussels per day

Edited by 4 Paws

Extremely effective here, my Staffy girl has elbow dysplasia and arthritis from a patella surgery and I find it better than the other Gluc/Chond for it's anti-inflammatory properties.

You can get it in capsules- Pure Animal Wellbeing and Technyflex brands, Advance pet foods have it as Arthri-Care Chewies (they're what I use) and Royal Canin have it in therapeutic amounts in their Mobility Support dry food. :thumbsup:

Mel.

I was looking at using the Technyflex brand in the capsules http://www.technyflex.com.au/game/technyfl...n&id=canine

So have you found that it has improved her quality of life and made her a bit more mobile?

Yep I do notice the difference when she is not on them, seems stiffer and she complains a bit more. :thumbsup:

She has regular cartrophen injections and Chiro treatments occasionally as well, but she can't have NSAID's due to previous stomach surgery.

ETA: I used Technyflex for quite some time whilst Advance were not making the arthri-care chews, just be sure to price the PAW GLM with your Vet as you might find it's cheaper.

Mel.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I have been looking into using Green Lipped Mussels to help with my dogs arthritis. I stumbled across it on here and am wondering how people have found it?

Initially our 15 year old labrador seemed to improve. It is often very difficult to gauge single dog results, as housing, weather, other medications, weight, diet, and exercise come into the picture.

What other medications do you use?

I have been looking into using Green Lipped Mussels to help with my dogs arthritis. I stumbled across it on here and am wondering how people have found it?

Initially our 15 year old labrador seemed to improve. It is often very difficult to gauge single dog results, as housing, weather, other medications, weight, diet, and exercise come into the picture.

What other medications do you use?

Before we had been using Joint Guard but it doesn't seem to be helping. And other than that Cartrophen Injections

We use Sasha's Blend for our older Shepherd X - he's a mad keen ball chaser and we found if he chased a ball he would often jar himself up a bit (unfortunately he chases EVERY ball at the dog park!) and also seemed to get a bit sore chasing the puppy around when she stole the ball!! But since being on the Sasha's (he's had it for about 2 months now I think) he is 200% better! He is utterly delighted to be able to chase the ball again and never seems to pull up sore at the end.

I do know some people haven't had the same results, but for my boy it has been a blessing...but I have to say it smells SO bad!

The change will be very, very gradual as well.

btw, I am looking at importing some powder or oil into Australia so I don't have to squeeze capsules. Once I have prices I'll create a thread to see if anyone wanted to add some to my order. It's expensive as hell to buy straight powder or oil here.

Edited by Just Midol

The change will be very, very gradual as well.

btw, I am looking at importing some powder or oil into Australia so I don't have to squeeze capsules. Once I have prices I'll create a thread to see if anyone wanted to add some to my order. It's expensive as hell to buy straight powder or oil here.

there's already a few powders on the market available here in Aust http://www.pawzazzpetz.com.au/gpage17.html

How long has it taken people to generally see results when using the green lipped mussel products?

Probably a month or more.

Really that long. I would've thought sooner than that

It took about 6 weeks for our boy, but they have made a huge difference.

I get the dried whole mussels, which he loves to eat.