Hmmm

Teebs

Firstly the whole "ring a lawyer now if you have been attacked" crap makes me want to :thumbsup:

Secondly Pain-elicited: aggression based on a reaction to pain or discomfort

Punishment-elicited: a reaction to unpleasant treatment by strangers or family

Well to me that would be any animal be it dog, human, cat, bird, cow etc, a lot of us humans/animals would react aggresively if we are in pain or are "punished"

It is important to remember that any type of dog is potentially dangerous under the right circumstances. Many people believe that smaller dogs are less ferocious than larger ones, but even friendly dogs such as Dachshunds, Schnauzers, and Beagles can inflict serious damage or even death under the wrong circumstances.

At least they got something right.

Erm, yes, well I often like to look at advice given from the perspective of "does this company / person have something to gain by influencing my decision?" - a website for lawyers taking 'dog attack' cases wouldnt be somewhere I would be looking for unbiased information.

I also notice that this information:

According to the Center for Disease Control, the top 10 most dangerous dogs are:

1. Pit Bulls

2. Rottweilers

3. German Shepherds

4. Huskies

5. Alaskan Malamutes

6. Doberman Pinschers

7. Chow Chows

8. Great Danes

9. St. Bernards

10. Akitas

Is more than 10 years old. (its from 1979-1998)...

I bet you were rolling your eyes Terrorbull. Isnt it just exhausting when people come up with that sort of stuff "well, this website shows how dangerous they are!" sometimes I get so tired of having to explain the same thing over and over! :mad

Oh, them... ambulance chasing lawyers.... been around for years... they make their living out of scaring the crap out of people... :rofl:

ETA: of course you could always point out to whoever that Lawyers make their money out of slanting the argument in THEIR favour, so they are pretty good at it, but it means there's a huge bias in their work normally :cry:

Edited by zayda_asher

It is important to remember that any type of dog is potentially dangerous under the right circumstances. Many people believe that smaller dogs are less ferocious than larger ones, but even friendly dogs such as Dachshunds, Schnauzers, and Beagles can inflict serious damage or even death under the wrong circumstances.

At least they got something right.

Their safety tips were fairly decent too.

Oh, them... ambulance chasing lawyers.... been around for years... they make their living out of scaring the crap out of people... :laugh:

ETA: of course you could always point out to whoever that Lawyers make their money out of slanting the argument in THEIR favour, so they are pretty good at it, but it means there's a huge bias in their work normally :D

*turns head and starts whistling*

- (I'm a law student)

*turns head and starts whistling*

- (I'm a law student)

Mwahahaha! :rofl:

Of course there is nothing wrong with being able to form a good argument and slant it in the right direction, particularly if you are a lawyer (job to win the case after all!!), and if the argument is your argument and it's in your favour, well that's great isn't it?! :love:

But if you are going to argue against a website like that you have to know how to do it hey? And pointing out the bias is important! And they definitely have one because it's how they make their bread and butter... I don't have anything at all against lawyers as a bunch of people (know plenty of great ones!), but that particular mob ARE ambulance chasers and well earn the title!!

And, of course, you realise you have "outed" yourself now and we will be making use of lawyerly abilities with the BSL stuff... :laugh: :D :scared:

And, of course, you realise you have "outed" yourself now and we will be making use of lawyerly abilities with the BSL stuff... :D :scared::rofl:

Bwahaha - I just came back into this thread to write the exact same thing :love:

I'm actually a fairly full bottle on WA BSL at the moment, I picked the sh!t out of it in an exam last semester! :laugh:

And, of course, you realise you have "outed" yourself now and we will be making use of lawyerly abilities with the BSL stuff... :laugh: :D :love:

Bwahaha - I just came back into this thread to write the exact same thing :scared:

Great minds, as they say, my friend... although, in our case, I think it may be more a case of "evil" ones... :rofl:

I'm actually a fairly full bottle on WA BSL at the moment, I picked the sh!t out of it in an exam last semester! :laugh:

Oh, good work!! :D I'm sure all that knowledge will come in handy!! Well done... :scared:

Have you had anything to do with administrative law? I had some interesting discussions with someone that this was the area we should be looking in to in regards to getting rid of BSL...

Oh, good work!! :D I'm sure all that knowledge will come in handy!! Well done... :scared:

Have you had anything to do with administrative law? I had some interesting discussions with someone that this was the area we should be looking in to in regards to getting rid of BSL...

No, not yet. I'm still in my "first" year (for the third year in a row... part time study takes ages!) so I won't be doing anything in admin law for a while yet. I'm focusing on Social Welfare and Family law.

No, not yet. I'm still in my "first" year (for the third year in a row... part time study takes ages!) so I won't be doing anything in admin law for a while yet. I'm focusing on Social Welfare and Family law.

Ah, cool... p/t does suck! :D

Still, I'm sure we can find someone through your net work that may know! :laugh: