Ndtf Block 1 Review.

Ahhhh, thought so.

Learnt a lot with the complex skills workshop. It tied a lot of the other techniques together.

You were a great instructor as well, thanks :confused:

Good to hear and thanks for the compliment :)

I'm pleased that you're enjoying it and getting out of what you want. The course is the result of many dedicated and inspiring people combining their knowledge and experience to offer a unbias skill set to interested persons.

It's the start of a long and facinating journey

I still have to type it up. Luckily it was at the back of my notebook and not the front as Gizmo ate the front.

I guess I can type it up over night :confused:

Herr Rottweiler, the unbias view is probably the best thing about the course (excluding all the knowledge we gain of course). It's the reason I chose the NDTF over the Delta course.

Learnt a lot with the complex skills workshop. It tied a lot of the other techniques together.

When we did both of our weeks in Sydney this was lacking greatly I felt, I was very disappointed as it is such a major component of the course. Our sessions were scrambled and half the time the presenters didnt know which topics we had covered and which ones we hadnt.

When we did both of our weeks in Sydney this was lacking greatly I felt, I was very disappointed as it is such a major component of the course. Our sessions were scrambled and half the time the presenters didnt know which topics we had covered and which ones we hadnt.

When did you do your course Rastus?

I would be interested in hearing more

HR

When did you do your course Rastus?

I would be interested in hearing more

HR

June july last year for first week, and first week in november for the second week

• 8 years later...

Does anyone know if the NDTF Cert III in Dog Training Behaviour / Glenn Cooke & Pet Resort Australia do still teach use of tools like check chain, e-collar, flooding etc, or have they moved on to more humane methods since 2009?

Thanks for the review by the way! It is extremely useful.

I am/was considering the NDTF program, and it is very difficult to find the info I'm after, such as about the training paradigms used, the instructors/supervisors for the subjects (apart from flowery words like "leading", "top professionals" etc), and details about the 2 practical blocks. I have already perused the websites of NDTF, Pet Resort Australia and Canine Evolution Dog Training. None of them mention any of the things mentioned in this review, which is what I wanted to know... My gut feeling told me it would be hidden in the details somewhere. Now I just want to know if this is still what is taught, since the review is 8 years old

Edited by Canine Saga
Missing detail

I studied with NDTF circa 2006, but given that they still advertise themselves as being "balanced" which is code for using +punishment I would say so.

I would recommend studying with Delta and/or CASI then doing continued professional development from there.

NB professional experience is required for CASI.

Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...