Im Fully Spewing !

rish

How could you not notice a burr in your dogs foot for a month? Why would any vet want to cut open a foot because of dermatitis? I would see that a vet would more likely xray a foot and a leg if a dog had unexplained limping.

Look it's ok the OP saved money on the purchase of these dogs so she is making up for it with these strange medical issues. If I recall the pups were bought from a BYB/PF for something like $50.

Goes to read the stomach pumping thread.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a migrain,i dropped 1 disprin and !!woff!! she ate it ,straight back to the vet,belly pumped out and watched 4 the day.

why would the vet would pump her belly over 1 aspirin :thumbsup: it is actually safe to give to dogs.

Was her stomach pumped or was she just given some apomorphine to make her throw up.

The safe dose of aspirin for dogs is 10mg/kg twice a day. At the end of Jan, the OP said that the dog weighed 7kg. The tablet was a 300mg tablet.

I'm guessing the vet wanted to go in and look for a possible foreign body - quite acceptable if the foot was quite red and swollen. The OP says the burr was inside the pad under the nail - quite possibly it was stuck inside as a FB, but worked its way out. Had the OP agreed to let the vet go in - the problem may have been solved sooner.

Edited by stormie

Im not sure,i hope so

She wants me to buy a spray thats $40 (but ilooked on-line and can get it for $20)

Th red foot is ment to be dermatitze.

She was limping ,she limped all the time,rubbing the cream may have loosened it and moved it down ,now that it is out,there is no limp at all-----so it had to be the burr.

How do you know the burr has been there a month?

It could be completely unrelated to the red raw foot.

I was showing that again my vet had stuffed up,poasted the addy and number because somebody said they thought the vet wasnt real.

Then what exactly is the point of you posts and what can we help you with ?

When i said it was 300 mg,the vet went to the book

aNY DA HN BATSM NDS ??? :thumbsup:

Thanks for clarifying :)

I'm not sure why people are surprised the vet pumped your dogs stomach, Saki's emergency vet has calculation charts for things that can be fatal for dogs - depends on the amount eaten and the size of the dog, but if sufficient they'll certainly pump the stomach. Is this not normal?

Fair enough you are just having a vent - fairly obvious you are from the thread title - don't worry, everyone who joins DOL experiences through a baptism of fire it seems :( x

kEyboard

Any idea when baptism ends ?? was what i said

When i said it was 300 mg,the vet went to the book

aNY DA HN BATSM NDS ??? :thumbsup:

Thanks for clarifying :)

I'm not sure why people are surprised the vet pumped your dogs stomach, Saki's emergency vet has calculation charts for things that can be fatal for dogs - depends on the amount eaten and the size of the dog, but if sufficient they'll certainly pump the stomach. Is this not normal?

Fair enough you are just having a vent - fairly obvious you are from the thread title - don't worry, everyone who joins DOL experiences through a baptism of fire it seems :( x

I was showing that again my vet had stuffed up,poasted the addy and number because somebody said they thought the vet wasnt real.

How has your vet stuffed up? You declined their request to investigate further. The burr could likely have been further up and they wanted to go in to find it! You declined!

As for the aspirin - the vet was right to make your dog throw up the tablet.

I have no idea,we cheaked and looked ,Kreepy doesnt like to be still,and scratches and drawes blood.

That is why we 1st asked the vet to look,and how they didnt see it under sedation is again beyound me,but i do think my rubbing the creaminto her foot has softnened/loosened it ?

It was way up under the pad

If the burr was there for a whole month, then how did you miss it in all that time? :thumbsup:

Well i must say,u seem to be a tolerant person.

Any wonder your cat looks like that (im joking,i dont like to be nasty)

Fair enough you are just having a vent - fairly obvious you are from the thread title - don't worry, everyone who joins DOL experiences through a baptism of fire it seems :thumbsup: x

If you have been able to make head or tail out these posts, well good on you. To the rest of us they are rambling, repetitive, illogical, illegible and nonsensical. Asking questions to try and understand what the hell this person is on about does not qualify as a "baptism of fire"

Quite frankly, I am surprised people did not start calling out the "T" word long ago.

Aspirin is a drug that is used to treat dogs. Therefore for us to conclude that the vet was possibly indulging in some overkill to pump the stomach when one tablet was swallowed, is a perfectly normal response on our part.

,they said they might have to cut it open,i coudnt afford that,
That is why we 1st asked the vet to look,and how they didnt see it under sedation is again beyound me,

Did they examine the dog under sedation then? You could afford that, could you? If they sedated and found something, they would not leave it there, so did you agree to exploratory surgery or not?

i *declined* to have her foot cut open .

She was there to be DESEXED and to have her FOOT SEEN TO.

If there had of been another reason for the limp,then i would have waited til next pension day and gotton it seen to.

How has your vet stuffed up? You declined their request to investigate further. The burr could likely have been further up and they wanted to go in to find it! You declined!

As for the aspirin - the vet was right to make your dog throw up the tablet.