2009 Brags Thread

Just thought I put on my little brag today we had our State obedience titles and little Gabby my 18 month old German Coolie won novice with a score of 197 and I lost the two points darnn so Gabby is 2009 State Novice Obedience Champion. She has yet to be beaten. Dont know how long that is going to last though. The other girls well they were a bit of a flop and stuffed up so could only brag about Gabby

cheers

Danni

Wow that's amazing!!! :rolleyes: Congrats!

Gabby is a star in the making Danni - good luck with her open debut in a few weeks......

Hopefully she can do the sit stays LOL

thanks well let you know what happens LOL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rubystar where are you .....you have something to brag about.....

Tonight Scoota Moota got the last leg needed for his masters strat pairs title. Thanks Miss Caffy for teaming up with us :thumbsup: The red boys do a great job and have a lot of fun along the way.

Scoota also won UD last night - I was tickled pink with his work since he has been having a mental meltdown for the last two weeks while I have been packing boxes getting ready to move house. Poor boy :)

Beans and Jaffa managed their 4th pass in exc strat pairs and Beans also got a qually in exc snooker. :)

Go Ptolomy and the tollers :thumbsup: . I gotta add a brag on my own this morning.

I put Kenzie in her first trial - well ok a mock CCD obedience trial. Any way for a girl who is pretty people timid and never really done a full round she did very nicely :). Her heelwork was super - some lovely fast sits and drops and she even managed a stand which considering she hadn't really worked on until last night I was pleasantly surprised :rofl: . She nailed her slow pace halt as well as her fast pace halt (both of which her older sister has hassles with :mad ). She did some nice signals type work as I really haven't put verbal commands to anything yet - oops.

It occured to me I haven't done anything much in the way of changes of pace with her but that didn't seem to bother her. Her figure 8 was the first she had done around people and she did a lovely outside post and even her inside post she didn't freak as badly as I thought.

She did a SFE with a stranger without acting super timid. Yep she moved a couple of feet but she didn't run away.

Her recall was nice. My friend said two kids caught her attention outside the ring as I left her but she stayed and didn't spook and then waited until she was called.

Didn't do stays as well she isn't rock solid so no point.

All up I am particularly happy with her performance. I guess I didn't know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. Sure we have work to do but thats not a concern as there is plenty of time for that.

Way to go Kenzie and the red dogs! :rofl:

Me, a brag? Ummm... well there's a brag and then there's a :( to go with it :mad

Ruby and I placed 2nd in CCD at Friday night's trial. Only 2 of us qualified. We were sitting on 1st with a score of 91/100, but Ruby decided to lose us 10 points in one hit with a little, um, "accident" in the ring :) Bless her, it wasn't her fault, it was her naughty mummy's fault for not taking all precautions beforehand to ensure that didn't happen! How embarrassing, but all I can do is laugh about it now and put it down to another lesson learned :)

So we walked away with our second pass and 2nd place in the end even with a massive point loss that had nothing to do with her actual ringwork, so I'm pretty chuffed. Her heelwork was better this time, 25/30. I told myself beforehand I don't care if we fail on something stupid, as long as her heelwork improves. Which it did. She missed a halt as some dogs went berserk at ringside right as we were told to halt so she was majorly distracted... something to work on. And she held her sit stay again woohoo! :thumbsup:

So only 1 more pass to go! But I'm not entered in any more trials at the moment. Might enter one in May if I feel Ruby's focus is improving. Sure I'm getting passes, but I'm not getting scores I'm completely happy with. Funny though, with dismal scores, we've still managed to pull off a 2nd and a 3rd (and an aaalmost 1st :D)

Edited by RubyStar

Its coming I promise I will share the link when its uploaded - I am quite chuffed with her. Nah its not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but then she has a long way to go. Her attention at the start peg is better than her sticky beaking sister :thumbsup: . I will say I had to be prodded to even put her in the ring as I thought she wasn't ready but watching it surprises me how much she actually can do :rofl: . There is certainly a lot of feeding going on and before anybody wants to throw criticism at me for that its certainly not the way I do it in training :mad .

Edited by ness

Ness, you only did a ring run out, not the real thing...........lol.

Congrats anyway, Kenzie should be good, you have experience so we expect big things from her and you. :thumbsup:

The bar is higher for you. Ness copped the hard yards. :rofl:

Same goes for my next dog, if I ever decide what breed I want, I don't think I can go past a BC.

Just watched your ring run out...........you are so lucky that you can use food in the run out mock trial.

We can't here (that I'm aware of), it is hard to understand the point of a ring run out that you cannot reward in. :rofl: What the point of it is, I don't understand?

Kenzie looked great, watch your turns, and if you can, pull out her higest level rewards for ring work. :thumbsup:

Hahaha - yeah toys rate higher then food and I am not to concerned about that. Toys interrupt the flow and today I was just aiming for her not to freak. Also like I said she hasn't ever done anything not even at a club level so this was an entirely different ground for her where she hasn't worked before (or relatively little). Will aim at putting her into the training ring at club and just doing small bits with her and making better use of rewards and certainly won't be allowing any switching off.

I will also say I don't know how hungry she was by the time she went in as I had to use good sized container of my treats when some stupid women decided to stand less than a meter from her crate with her kid and keep talking to the kid so I was sitting there feeding Kenzie to stop her getting scared - which it worked and she didn't notice the people.

As for the turns PAX - hmmm actually still need to break them down and work on them separately. Her left about turns need more work and they do actually need to be trained properly :thumbsup: . Her RATs are better than her sisters so at least I have improved my ability to train somewhat.

Edited by ness

Bugger you PAX :rofl: . This is a BRAGS thread for bragging about whatever we feel like LOL.

In that case...... :mad .........I am a very very proud mum today. I have only recently started formal obedience with my goofy BC boy and he has been past up a level everytime he has been. (3 weeks, 3 class levels).

I know this isnt a trial brag (and hopefully in the future I will have a few to add), but I am extremely happy with my boy, especially considering I am juggling 3 BCs in obedience at the moment, which is an effort for 1 handler let me tell you :thumbsup:

Today Barkly passed his level 2 obedience test at Croydon and District Obedience Club with flying colors. That means he received his Basic Obedience Sash and is now ready to start Intermediate level (to prepare for trialling!) and also start in the agility classes!

I couldn't have been more happy with how we performed this morning. Barkly put in an almost faultless performance, even with dogs breaking their stays all around him and a few running off. Lots of barking didn't faze him and even the single nearby scuffle left him solid in his sit stay.

His on lead heeling was the best it's ever been, his recall was perfect and he hardly moved a muscle during his stand for examination.

His one minor fault - a break during his stand stay (he sat when distracted by a nearby breaking dog and approaching handler). Not enough to cause a fail though. Phew.

Of about 12 dogs and handlers in the class, only about 5 passed, so I was very happy with Barkly.

To cap it all off, we actually had fun. Barkly enjoyed his chicken rewards and his play between exercises and I enjoyed working well and the morning in the sun.

After class we were presented with our blue sashes and I took a few photos to commemorate the occasion when we got home.

Barkly is sleeping off his big day in his usually style - in his crate, on his back with his tongue hanging out.

Woo Hoo!

Edited by Luke W

Well done everyone! Great work.

How's that second pass (in a row no less!) feel Rubystar?

Ness is that Bradly grove oval by any chance? Corner of Quick Rd and Bradly Grove? It looks like it, I use to go to school around the corner, many moons ago. Miss Kenzie is going beautifully!

We have a wee brag too. Miss Koori did her final CCD trial today and in spite of the nitwit on the end of the lead(yes that would be me) having a major mental flake out. She managed an 85 pass and third.