'touch It" Nose Touch Trainer

That's uber expensive for what is really a basic circuit.

ETA: You could make one for a few dollars if you went to JB HiFi, they'd even tell you how to do it (probably).

Midol could you be a little more specific how to make it so it's sensitive to touch :rofl: ?

Thanks!

That's uber expensive for what is really a basic circuit.

ETA: You could make one for a few dollars if you went to JB HiFi, they'd even tell you how to do it (probably).

I think they are way overpriced too,wanna make me one :rofl:

I wouldn't use a touch switch, I'd modify a normal switch like one of those button ones with little to not resistance and attach a plate, it's hard to explain without physically showing you. If I have time in the next 1-2 weeks I'll build one myself and see how well it works.

But... to use a touch switch it's another $45 for the switch.

Dick Smiths has a kit for a buzzer, grab the kit and replace the switch it has with leads to your modified switch or touch switch.

I only have a very basic understanding of electronics but the dick smiths or whatever guys will know more than I.

Edited by Just Midol

Ooh that's a good idea! We don't get Japanese Takeaway (none near us), but OH's parents probably do, and I should probably look into getting a smaller one. Though Kaos also generalises well and will target pretty much anything I give him.

What about one of those lights that they train the assistance dogs to turn on. I know they would require a more deliberate nose touch in order to activate the light but you would clearly see if they had completed the nose touch.

How hard do the dogs hit it? Brush it or do they put pressure on it?

Kaos puts pressure on it but Zoe (being an older and more dainty dog :) ) generally just touches it. But if I wait for a longer touch or repeated touches, Zoe may resort to pawing it (as I have done some paw targetting with her on other things) while Kaos will give the longer or repeated touches without pawing.