The Barf Diet That I Prepare For My Stafford..

Guest Clover
Mine just eat cats and small children :rolleyes:

:hitself: Good meat to bone ratio in those small children, Ruth

:stupid: I met a horrid little 'child' today....are the dogs hungry Ruth?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus all the iron in spinach = possible kidney stones! :hitself:

Yep - oxalic acid. I wont feed it to my lot.

I have a serious question. I give my girl silverbeet as part of her vegie slops. Is this not recommended? If not whats a good green leafy alternative?

Crap just kept reading, I also give her tomato in her slops. I think I'm trying to poison her!

Laeral....silverbeet = spinach. Fine in moderation, not just every meal. Dogs don't need LOTS of leafy greens. Other green veges are fine as well. Mine get whatever I cook at night with their dinner next day.

I don't think you have be too anal about veges either....if they miss out sometimes it's no big deal.

They are carnivores.

Now we know that the wicked old witch in Hansel and Gretel didn't want to eat them herself! :stupid:

She was obviously feeding her dogs a BARF diet and wanted to chop the kids up for her dogs! :rolleyes:

Now we know that the wicked old witch in Hansel and Gretel didn't want to eat them herself! wink.gif

She was obviously feeding her dogs a BARF diet and wanted to chop the kids up for her dogs! laugh.gif

yeah- but she fattened them up, and fed them sugary things :rolleyes:

her dogs may have got pancreatic problems !!

My name is Jaxx'sBuddy and i feed my dog dry food. she gets skin allergies and really farts lots if i give her anything else. she is really healthy and has a nice shiney coat....but...i haven't really tried her on children....maybe i will try this tomorrow........i have a really annoying one in the street ......they have lots of bones...she eats grass so would this do for the greens?

i just have to say this is the funniest thread i have read in a long time.

Now we know that the wicked old witch in Hansel and Gretel didn't want to eat them herself! wink.gif

She was obviously feeding her dogs a BARF diet and wanted to chop the kids up for her dogs! laugh.gif

yeah- but she fattened them up, and fed them sugary things :rolleyes:

her dogs may have got pancreatic problems !!

She couldn't have been into BARF as she was going to cook them in her oven. Must have been one those dog owners who likes to cook their own meals for their dogs.

My name is Jaxx'sBuddy and i feed my dog dry food. she gets skin allergies and really farts lots if i give her anything else. she is really healthy and has a nice shiney coat....but...i haven't really tried her on children....maybe i will try this tomorrow........i have a really annoying one in the street ......they have lots of bones...she eats grass so would this do for the greens?

Let me know if children works - I also have a dog with allergies. :rolleyes:

Guest Clover

Let me know if children works - I also have a dog with allergies. :rolleyes:

Hmm maybe i need to try Harri on the same for his skin problems :hitself:.

Let me know if children works - I also have a dog with allergies. :)

Hmm maybe i need to try Harri on the same for his skin problems :).

ok i am working on a plan. have to be careful so i know what works or not.

i will start will small children but don't know whether try them by wieght or age...hmmm....maybe age.

i also wonder if hair colour would cause an allergic reaction...maybe also group by hair colour

gosh it's getting difficult trying to find what the pup isn't allergic to :rofl:

i also wonder if hair colour would cause an allergic reaction...maybe also group by hair colour

gosh it's getting difficult trying to find what the pup isn't allergic to :)

I'd avoid the red heads. They would most likely cause indigestion. :)

All over someone pointing out that the diet lacked bone :)

Yes, god forbid someone trying to be helpful! :rofl:

I'm not really sure what the point of the original post was? If not to gain some opinions about the diet?

Aussie Stafford........

You obviously were looking for some type of opinion from others when you posted what you were feeding......

Opinions you now have! :rofl:

So what is your problem?

I think the point of the original post was to seek compliments on the dog's diet and for all us dolers to be eternally grateful :rofl: to the poster in being so generous in enlightening us with their expert knowledge on BARF diets :rofl: as none of us feed our dogs BARF as we are all dumb, ignorant and totally against BARF :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Come on guys don't be ridiculous, why would the poster want opinions, when they know so much about BARF diets :rofl: and they accuse dolers of being "totally against" BARF :)

Methinks the poster should google the meaning of BARF as clearly they have no idea what it means, having virtually eliminated the essential component of a BARF diet - the BONES which should make up 60% of the BARF diet :rofl: :rofl: I won't even comment on the rest of Floyd's diet :rofl: Oh well on the bright side at least little Floyd won't suffer the fate of my dogs and many millions worldwide with their damaged teeth, splintered intestines and bowel obstructions all because their ignorant dumb owners had the audacity to feed them beef bones :rofl:

1 raw lamb neck or lamb shank given 1 x a week as the bones are more softer than beefknuckle bones & is less likely to

damage teeth or splinter the intestines or cause bowel obstruction or constipation etc

how does an intestine splinter?? :laugh: isnt it a big rubbery mess?? :rofl:

man this thread is funny. I feed my dogs on Barf too. They get plenty of bones, they daily get a chicken carcass each plus veggies mixed in with what ever else I have on hand. and they rummage through the garden eating grass, baby birds, lizards, pony poo, cats, small children's ears...even getting their noses under the compost bin and helping themselves to the veggie scraps in there!! someone would think i dont feed them at all!! :rofl:

Aussie Stafford. as a newbie, my advice to you would be to keep your head down a little, get to know the forum and read prior posts. every newbie goes through a ring of fire as part of their experience on DOL, but dont let that turn you off of the forum. the nutrition section tends to be a war ground sometimes with people who believe in different feed methods locking horns and big flame wars erupting. there are many passionate dog owners on this forum and many of them do not appreciate a newbie coming and telling them that they are all anti Barf and have no idea what they are talking about. people were merely pointing out some problems with the diet and there is no need to get defensive over it. you can choose to follow their advice or not-after all its your dog. just try to keep the personal attacks at zero-they come across as very childish. people want to help here, yes sometimes it comes across quite harsh and critical but generally what they have to say is worthwhile reading-even if you choose to ignore it.

I hope you will find DOL a big wealth of knowledge as I have and many other people on here have.

I hope you will find DOL a big wealth of knowledge as I have and many other people on here have.

Too true Ravyk....but I suspect Aussie Stafford seemed to think that they are the one with the wealth of knowledge to impart and we, as in older DOLers, know diddlysquat.

Big mistake for a 'noobie'! :laugh: But great comedic relief in the responses, I have to say. :rofl:

I find feeding P platers is far superior than kids. You get more value for money per kilo and the meat is more tender.

Oh my you are not concerned that there may be substances contaminating the meat?

:rolleyes:

I find feeding P platers is far superior than kids. You get more value for money per kilo and the meat is more tender.

Oh my you are not concerned that there may be substances contaminating the meat?

:rofl: :p I suspect there would be lots of 'additives' in P Platers.

Funny how Aussie Stafford hasn't been on DOL for a few days? :p

:p :p I suspect there would be lots of 'additives' in P Platers.

Funny how Aussie Stafford hasn't been on DOL for a few days? ;)

Yes I miss them..... :rofl:

:o

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My oh my, that was indeed funny. :laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: