Raw Turkey Wings

i have started changing my dog's diet. she is a 16 month old Boston Terrier. i give her eagle pack duck and oatmeal kibble and for variety have been giving her frozen pilchards as well.

i don't want to give her raw chicken wings as i think she would eat them too quickly so i thought that turkey wings would be the thing to give her.

i want to feed her more raw things but i want to make sure i am feeding her the right food that won't cause her any problems.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who is feeding a reasonably small (9kg) dogs raw turkey wings.

I suppose i am checking out that the bones don't split and cause intestinal problems.

I don't see why it would be a problem. Our dogs (lightest is about 12kg) both eat turkey wings with no problems.

I thought about buying them the turkey legs, Huski -- I just laugh every time I see them they are so large!!!!!! I figure it's better value to get the 6 wings for the same price as 2 legs. It would take my two FOREVER to eat the legs and then I wouldn't have to feed them for days! *jokes*

I thought about buying them the turkey legs, Huski -- I just laugh every time I see them they are so large!!!!!! I figure it's better value to get the 6 wings for the same price as 2 legs. It would take my two FOREVER to eat the legs and then I wouldn't have to feed them for days! *jokes*

I think because they are quite meaty, they don't take too long for them to eat. Daisy ate hers faster than Micha (she's a guts) but it didn't take them long at all. I think like chicken bones turkey bones are pretty soft and easy for them to eat.

I saw them at woolies and I couldn't resist!! One turkey leg was a meal each for the day for the poochies. I will definitely buy them again :thumbsup:

I've only ever given raw chicken wings, legs, thighs, frames & 1/4's. Have rarely seen turkey. Have also given lamb shanks & necks.

I see turkey most regularly in my local Woolies. They have turkey mince, wings and legs pretty much every time I go in there :thumbsup:

I've only ever given raw chicken wings, legs, thighs, frames & 1/4's. Have rarely seen turkey. Have also given lamb shanks & necks.

I see turkey most regularly in my local Woolies. They have turkey mince, wings and legs pretty much every time I go in there :laugh:

Yup I get mine from woolies, too. Same place as I found GOAT!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: They dogs loved that!!! :laugh:

Chicken wings are not as dense as turkey wings and digest quicker. I rarely give any turkey bones, and never give beef bones for this reason. The calcium/phosphours in the bones absorbs easily as well. When looking at what to feed raw, remember it will totally digest. ( why a raw fed dog the stool discentagrates into a powder within days in the yard, verses a kibble fed dog.).

I am new so I do not know- how large is your dog? ( weight and height) if I may ask. Maybe I can help suggest something.

Leo gets turkey Drumsticks/wings Occasionally. Its not something that is part of his regualr diet (I only feed once every 2-3 weeks) as I read that the high fat content in turkey skin can cause acute Pancreatitis in dogs.