Should Have Called The Ranger

Neighbour just called in to thank me for the other day and to let me know how the dog is.

Other neighbour refusing to accept any responsibility for what happened.

As well as being the owner of a restricted breed that has failed miserably when it comes to his obligations under the CAA, his dogs are also actively used for hunting and should have been kept in a child proof enclosure as per the CAA and the dangerous dog clauses.

How is the old dog?

How stupid not to accept responsibility - how can he not be responsible when his dog mauled the other? Hopefully the ranger will not leave him alone until he complies.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dog was not adequately contained in it's yard ( let alone the child proof enclosure it should have been in due to being both dangerous and resticted ) , escaped into neighbours yard and set about attacking neighbours 13 year old dog , neighbours dog on it's own property.

Full view from my side fence of dog being attacked. Attack was still happening after I made my way into the neighbours yard to assist him. Know what breed it is via the owner admitting , so did not need to rely on my own opinion.

and people wonder why there is BSL and the DD laws are getting tougher

Do you have any thing positive to say about the breed PPS, all we ever get from you is your sprouting of how irresponsible all APBT owners are.

Most people know how you feel about APBT and your feelings on how all owners are flouting the laws and they are the cause of BSL.

After reading a number of your posts in the last few months, i question if it happened at all, just so happens that its a APBT, and its next door to you...and you got to see it,It gives you a good chance to try and confirm what you have been babbling on about!! Sheesh, thats some coincidence isnt it!!!!!!!!!

Neighbour just called in to thank me for the other day and to let me know how the dog is.

Other neighbour refusing to accept any responsibility for what happened.

As well as being the owner of a restricted breed that has failed miserably when it comes to his obligations under the CAA, his dogs are also actively used for hunting and should have been kept in a child proof enclosure as per the CAA and the dangerous dog clauses.

Just what the breed DOESN'T need. :rofl:

Nothing positive to say about irresponsible dog owners who cannot contain their dog within their property according to the Companion Animals Act.

Next door neighbour has nothing positive to say either, given he was woken up from nightshift, by a screaming dog, that so happened to be his own, being attacked in his own back yard.

He now has a 13 year old dog that is nursing injuries and a vet bill to go along with it.

Another nail in the coffin for BSL, it will contribute to the dog attack statistics. It's a prime example of an owner of a restricted breed not abiding by current legislation... hardly a responsible dog owner leading by example.

I am still disgusted that this has happened and I do not wish such attacks upon any dog. I am very thankfull however that the dog escaped into my next door neighbours yard and not ours.

Your joking arent ya, that is almost laughable.

Nope Im not joking Ive been on here for a while and Ive never read anything that makes me think PPS tells lies she comes across as a decent sort of person to me.I dunno why it is if anyone posts anything negative about a pitbull there nearly always called names and insulted.

Nope Im not joking Ive been on here for a while and Ive never read anything that makes me think PPS tells lies she comes across as a decent sort of person to me.I dunno why it is if anyone posts anything negative about a pitbull there nearly always called names and insulted.

I agree Paganman. I've only ever seen comments from PPS about negligent owners of the breed rather than denigrating the breed itself.

A_nomad - If you own a pitbull, and you're doing the right thing and following regulations, then you have nothing to worry about, do you?

Yeah, well thats your opinion, i'm allowed mine, and it has nothing to do with any negativity about APBT.

The only thing PPS has to input on the APBT is negativity.

Open your eyes and see her for what she's really trying to get across.

The only thing PPS has to input on the APBT is negativity.

Given the irresponsible behaviour demonstrated by some APBT owners, there's a fair bit to be negative about.

The biggest threat to the breed lies within the ranks of its fanciers IMO. :rofl:

Edited by poodlefan

Hands up all those APBT owners on DOL in NSW that have a ten square metre concreted and regulation dog cage? Thats 10 squares per dog mind you.

I cant think of anyone of the top of my head.

Apparently the man with the attacking dog should have recieved a NOI first, then later if found tobe a pit have 28 days to comply with it.

from what I have read no such thing existed, attacking dog pressed to be PTS, will they issue a NOI on a deceased dog? I think not.

what a bunk.

Edited by NorthernStarPits

From what i have read of her posts, it is all doom and gloom for the ABPT and there owners, sure, there are some bad apples who own the breed, but what about all the responsible ones who are doing the right thing, promoting the breed for what it is and abiding by the law.

It's hard enough without her negative spin on the whole thing.

but what about all the responsible ones who are doing the right thing, promoting the breed for what it is and abiding by the law.

Well from what Northern Star Pits just said there arent many of those.And Im always seeing posts on dogz by people with pitbulls saying they dont comply with the law and never will some owners even brag about it.I dont agree with the law either but its the law.I dont own a pitbull but Im a bull breed lover and it seems to me that a lot of pitbull owners are there own worst enemies going by the way a lot of them come across on here.