Should Have Called The Ranger

IF If If lol.

What is so hard to understand that this bloke in all probability wouldnt have cared about the RB law? a fine lol look what happened. Are declared RB's monitered 24/7, of course not.

That is why he would have been forced to, because on his own he didn't care and the other dog and owner paid the price. If he had to comply with RB legislation the dog wouldn't be escaping. He has just added fuel to the fire, how does this show people these dogs aren't monsters?

WOW...that one line just put me WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY offside!

these dogs are NOT monsters,and lines like that help NO ONE!

ANY dog,bred,raised to hunt,left in suburbia ,could be a danger unless properly contained,and even then..questionable..

I have known a few people to label their dog a pit when it was just a cross of many sorts.. Why is it a mutt till proven otherwise with papers ,and a pit till proven otherwise....

Not sure how good your reading comprehension is, but I said it was important to show people these dogs aren't monsters. If you don't realise by now that is what the general public think when it comes to pitbulls you need to get out more. How did you think that BSL got passed if ignorant people don't think these dogs are child eating monsters?

Joe public may read your statement and think you're in agreeance.. comprehension is fine thanks!

If Joe Public reads my post they would see exactly what I said, "He has just added fuel to the fire, how does this show people these dogs aren't monsters?". Bolded it to make it easier for you.

:laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet my left knacker that warley knows a pitbull better than the rangers do.

:laugh::laugh::idea::rofl: :D :)

I thought you were one of those that were in the camp that believed that one of the problems with BSL is that ranger training is woefully inadequate, and that dogs that are in no way pitbull are misidentified. So you think rangers are better at dog ID now then?

Yes as a traditionally functional breed they do usually come in many shapes and sizes, some smaller than staffy size, some as big as a lab.

As the saying goes....You're flogging a dead horse with that one! :laugh:

Shame Ignorance Is contagious, then maybe the dog world and everything in It... wouldn't be such a damn mess !!

I would bet my left knacker that warley knows a pitbull better than the rangers do.

:laugh::laugh::idea::rofl: :D :)

I thought you were one of those that were in the camp that believed that one of the problems with BSL is that ranger training is woefully inadequate, and that dogs that are in no way pitbull are misidentified. So you think rangers are better at dog ID now then?

There is no one in Australia with qualifications that can identify an APBT or x and thats being proven

in a court of law. Not NSW rangers, Qld, WA or Vic. All they do is go on assumptions and beliefs that the dog is that breed. N.S.W. breed identifiers are not experts. All breed judges are not expert, there are no APBT judges or American Amstaff in Aus. So can someone tell me when an all breed judge has ever id a APBT the answer is never, they do not exist in Australia they are not recognised.

So how can they legislate a law thats based on fraud?????

tybrax

I have to wonder, how is it that any Joe Blow can see a dog and say 'oh that is a cocker spaniel or jack russell or fox terrier or pug etc etc' but absolutely no one is Australia can recognise an APBT?

The gits who cant manage the dogs cant turn around any sort of perception, and I wouldnt want them to try.

And they certainly arent helping in this thread.

I dont know of any APBT owner in this thread who can not manage the breed appropriatly, I do know one previous owner in this thread who didnt manage though, 2 dogs dead, or perhaps just the APBT one?.

RB laws or not, a gits a git.

Edited by NorthernStarPits

How can anyone know if BSL works or not if not everyone follows the law? I don't presume to know everything about it and I don't really support it..

But nothing will ever work if everyone just 'does their own thing' and doesn't try...

I don't believe any law should be specific to breeds I think it's either an aggressive/dangerous dog, or it's not, regardless of breed.. but that's not the issue here..

How can anyone know if BSL works or not if not everyone follows the law? I don't presume to know everything about it and I don't really support it..

But nothing will ever work if everyone just 'does their own thing' and doesn't try...

I don't believe any law should be specific to breeds I think it's either an aggressive/dangerous dog, or it's not, regardless of breed.. but that's not the issue here..

I assumed the issue was that the people owned a supposed APBT,and it wasnt reported by the neighbours PRIOR to any incident.

Again,soo many people change thier breed to suit themselves.. For instance,a friend of mine bought a pup, lab x maltese. This dog was picked up by council after getting out while she had tradesmen on the property.The council holding facility labelled the dog a Lab x Kelpie while in his pen.. my friend decided that kelpie is a far better cross to be in there than a maltese,so she now tells everyone this is what her dog was crossed with.. she stated to me that the council would know better and he must be crossed with that.. Pays no mind to the fact he was sold to her has Lab x Maltese purley cause maltese isnt as "cool". (no offence malt owners lol)

ETA: he is a really cute dog..looks like a mini lab

Edited by Lewis & Lyn

1stly - a dog attacked another old defenceless dog in its backyard - seemingly unprovoked - sorry but PTS is the only answer (next time it might be a kid)

Back the bus up. Dog aggression does not equal human aggression.

Yes every dog should be safe in it's own back yard

Yes I think the attacking dog should be PTS and the owner fined & made to pay all the vets bills for the other dog.

1stly - a dog attacked another old defenceless dog in its backyard - seemingly unprovoked - sorry but PTS is the only answer (next time it might be a kid)

Back the bus up. Dog aggression does not equal human aggression.

Yes every dog should be safe in it's own back yard

Yes I think the attacking dog should be PTS and the owner fined & made to pay all the vets bills for the other dog.

Yes I realise DA doesn't = HA but it's a short step from a loose dog in your neighbours backyard to a loose dog roaming the street and doing god knows what. If a dog can attack another unprovoked then the risk to all is just too high be it dog, cat, kid, sheep that's the next potential victim.....

Rae

I assumed the issue was that the people owned a supposed APBT,and it wasnt reported by the neighbours PRIOR to any incident.

which they regret doing now and was the reason for the thread in the 1st place.