Herding Ht

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought I'd add my brag about yesterdays trial, Izzi got high in trial with 97 & Pebbles runner up with 91 then in the second run Pebbles got high in trial with 96, Izzi missed out but scored 91, yup the idiot handler set her up all wrong at the Z shoot :D. When we picked the sheep up Saturday we had to load them in the corner of the paddock, no yard no real ramp ;), I used Pebbles & my instructor used one of her dogs, wasn't sure how Pebbles would go she's never done it before, but she worked like a trooper stayed behind & kept pushing & even went after a couple of run aways with out me telling her, hell I didn't know they went I was to busy lifting sheep into the trailer & fighting to keep the others in there, was very proud of my girls this weekend :laugh: , I had to scratch Delta because she was lame :D but next time she'll be out there :D.

Congrats to everyone else, sounds like it was a good weekend all round :), lamb flaps as a reward TrinaJ, you'll turn Jett into a sheep killer doing that :love:.

Thought I'd add my brag about yesterdays trial, Izzi got high in trial with 97 & Pebbles runner up with 91 then in the second run Pebbles got high in trial with 96, Izzi missed out but scored 91, yup the idiot handler set her up all wrong at the Z shoot :D . When we picked the sheep up Saturday we had to load them in the corner of the paddock, no yard no real ramp :o , I used Pebbles & my instructor used one of her dogs, wasn't sure how Pebbles would go she's never done it before, but she worked like a trooper stayed behind & kept pushing & even went after a couple of run aways with out me telling her, hell I didn't know they went I was to busy lifting sheep into the trailer & fighting to keep the others in there, was very proud of my girls this weekend :eek: , I had to scratch Delta because she was lame :rofl: but next time she'll be out there :cry: .

I was waiting for your brag :o That was bad luck with Delta but Izzi and Pebbles did some great work, Pebbles has really settled since last trial.

Good job on the loading - those real jobs are so much fun. I would happily just do those and never trial again. There is so much satisfaction from it. Jazz and I had a good time in the yards on Sunday afternoon, she is not keen on small areas so it does her the world of good, mind you she did get a bit cheeky and go in for a couple of unecessary grabs. But it was good that she did, last time in the yards at SACA I couldnt get her off the fence and she kept trying to find the best way out of there.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks

I am really pleased with him this weekend. Yesterday I ran him in intermediate B but ran it as an advanced course because I have never practised the 2nd drive between the 2 gates. He did it beautifully and after the hold in the shedding ring the judge let me do a shed and he did the perfect shed and scored 92 for the run. Today I moved him up to advanced B but we NQed.

In the A course today we had one very stroppy sheep who kept standing him up and that sheep did the drive from the y shute to the z shute walking backwards stamping and thretening to charge and Cole is a very strong dog on sheep. Cole did everything right with that sheep and got it under control. I stuffed up the cross drive by giving the wrong commands again and he still scored 84.

AND I got to play with Cole babies today because Ann bought the 3 remaining pups for an outing.

Edited by Janba