Pedipaws Nail Trimmer

Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever used Pedipaws Nail Trimmer?

Are they any good? Or a bit of a gimmick?

It looks like a variation on a dremmel but with a casing which might help control.

They are quite expensive but could be worth it if they are as good as they say they are.

Grateful for any help and advice.

Cheers,

Westiemum :coffee:

Edited by westiemum

I've got one of the Ebay ones. It does an ok job on small, soft nails and on puppies. If you're just using them for a touch up between trims, ok but no good for a good file back. Any pressure completely stops the grinding wheel, they're not overly robust.

A friend bought one last week, I tried it out and thought it was absolutely useless. We tried it on a swf and could not do anything. By the time it took to do one paw we could have done about 10 dogs using nail clippers. She took it back. I think she said it was $15. Exact same product as what that link was selling for $80 + p/h.

Got to admit when I saw them advertised I thought it sounded great and was looking forward to testing it out - very disappointed with it.

I have a dremel and after seeing the difference I would not bother with the cheap versions at all. Love the dremel - worth paying the extra for it.

Edited by Andisa

Thanks Andisa - I think the general opinion is thumbs down - so will save myself the dough I think!

Cheers,

Westiemum :coffee:

A friend bought one last week, I tried it out and thought it was absolutely useless. We tried it on a swf and could not do anything. By the time it took to do one paw we could have done about 10 dogs using nail clippers. She took it back.

Got to admit when I saw them advertised I thought it sounded great and was looking forward to testing it out - very disappointed with it.

I have a dremel and after seeing the difference I would not bother with the cheap versions at all. Love the dremel - worth paying the extra for it.

Hi, after trying various cheap dremel imitations from Bunnings etc, I eventually invested in a Pet Dremel through Ebay America (didn't do them on the Aussie Ebay at that time - don't know about now). It cost me about $70 aus around 2 years ago and it is brilliant. I was worried the batteries would run out too fast to begin with, but they seem to last well. I just do "maintenance" on my guys nails now every other week. Takes about 5 minutes per dog.

Initially they were worried about the noise, but just took it slowly and now they don't bother at all.

Andrisa said what I was thinking. I like the idea of the protective cover, though. I use a dremel and a guard help to keep enquiring noses off the grinder would be helpful. Wouldn't have it with that little 'nail hole' - I like to be able to see what the nail is doing at the point of contact with the grinder. But a semi-circular guard would be a good idea.

Edited by Erny

I brought a Sontax Rotary Tool set from Bunnings for just over $20.Similar to a Dremel,just a lot cheaper and it's rechargable and cordless and it just brilliant for the money

I previously had a Dremel golf cleaning one that took batteries but I was forever having to replace the batteries so the Sontax one is much better being rechargble

I thought it was complete rubbish when I saw the ad! The dogs and cats looked so.... "hynotised"... esp the cat! :thumbsup:

I bought the PedEgg and am so annoyed that I wasted money on that.

:confused::cry::(

I had to laugh at the ad as well. Obviously the animals were drugged or hypnotised.

As for the PedEgg :champagne::champagne: