April Photo Challenge

lea

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't get into this month's challenge but I popped in from time to time to have a look, too lazy to make individual comments, but I have to make one about 'bacon flu', it made me laugh out loud. Very clever.

MAY will be a rest month as a few people are starting to run out of inspiration and this is meant to be a bit of fun. My advice is to put the camera down and relax... and hit June with a vengance.

Que? Sorry Ash but who made you the photo nazi? I dont see people running out of inspiration at all and I'm loving their photos. Thankgod for the May challenge.

Huh? :rolleyes:

A break was suggested by a number of people throughout this thread and when I posted that comment that you quoted I thought I was following popular opinion. I'm not the photo nazi at all and I was quite happy to see the challenge continue into May. Didn't bother me at all but I guess a few people looked toward me to start the new thread since I started up all the other challenges??

Black, white and sepia is going great guns :rolleyes:

It's OK Ash, you've done a brilliant job coming up with ideas for challenges. Looks like your baby has taken on a life of its own now, for which you can be proud. thanks for suggesting challenges in the first place.

It's all good.

I'll make an apology. Apparently my post was poorly worded and can be interpreted as me saying that I think everyone is posting not so great images.

I apologise if this is how it came across, this was not my intention at all. When I said that people seemed to be losing their inspiration I was paraphrasing a few peeple's posts from within the thread and also the pm's I received.

I think everyone has been doing a brilliant job and ILTBY even sent me a PM a few days ago with some ideas that I will be exploring (in regards to the growth that some people have made during the challenges.) I know I don't post too often but I definitely follow the challenge threads and love seeing the work that each and every person comes up with.

Again, I apologise that my comments can be misconstrued.

Don't think your post came across that way at all, Ash. Several people, myself included, said that they lacked inspiration or enthusiasm in April and I think most of us agreed a break would help us to feel a bit refreshed and allow us to prepare for June. I'm definitely going to take the opportunity to relax a little, though I will try to participate in Lea's thread whenever possible.

Also, you are most certainly not the photo nazi :laugh:

Several people, myself included, said that they lacked inspiration or enthusiasm in April

So enjoy your break. Meanwhile the rest of us will appreciate the fact Lea took the initiative to start the May challenge. :thumbsup:

I will, though as I said above I'm still going to participate in Lea's thread when possible :cheer: I don't think anyone's saying they don't appreciate her starting it, just that it's nice to have the opportunity to have a break.

Not really sure where all this attitude is coming from.

No attitude. If you dont want to pick up your camera for a month, no one is holding a gun to your head. I see you're still posting photos anyway so obviously your need for a month long break was pretty short lived. Good for you :cheer: Keep posting. Your photos are great.

:kissbetter: To everyone who participates whereever and whenever in the photo forum, to those who encourage and to all who take the time out to help "newbies" learn new things. This is a friendly forum, it is fun to watch the creative ideas presented that make for compulsive viewing. Speaking of compulsions...what photographer truly ever puts down a camera when that next great shot may be just waiting to be taken! Lighten up fellas... :hug: its all good. Now if you really want to think about something concerning...tell me how to stop exploring lightroom/PS I need sleep!!!!