Pug X Cav With Drinking Fettish

I have noticed that my new girl here has a drinking fettish/problem..

Im a bit confused as to if its a problem,or the fact she loves water. She is at her waterbowl all the time.. since having her here i am forever filling the inside bowl.

She loves to play in water so im not sure if its just her obsession with water or something else... any ideas?

How old is she?

Chloe became obsessed with drinking water all of a sudden and was diagnosed with cushings disease - however she did have other symptoms like bloated belly and ravaging hunger. But she would basically just drink and pee, drink and pee.... It was just not normal she seemed to have insatiable thirst.

If she's a youngun' maybe she just likes water alot LOL. Sash loves water, dunks her whole head in and drinks alot (esp when she is unsettled), but nothing that I would say is abnormal, more just habit.

Edited by Kelly_Louise

How old is she?

Chloe became obsessed with drinking water all of a sudden and was diagnosed with cushings disease - however she did have other symptoms like bloated belly and ravaging hunger. But she would basically just drink and pee, drink and pee.... It was just not normal she seemed to have insatiable thirst.

If she's a youngun' maybe she just likes water alot LOL. Sash loves water, dunks her whole head in and drinks alot (esp when she is unsettled), but nothing that I would say is abnormal, more just habit.

Shes about 8 mths... i suspect its her love of water..she even jumps in the shower or bath with us if given half the chance. I dont find the water spilt though..ive been checking for that,and bought a heavy bowl specially for her,so she cant tip it as easily.

What do you feed?

I know that pugs that are fed dry food drink a hell of alot more water then those on a raw diet.

I have come across some younger dogs that like to play in their drinking water when they drink it. Which is a massive pain for the water bowls inside the house.

Edited by puggy_puggy

she is fed on kibble and tuna or chicken mince etc,..usually the dry food is mixed.

I think im just being paranoid. I might take her up to the vet for a general check up.. the vet is yet to officially meet her and give her the once over.

I have noticed that my new girl here has a drinking fettish/problem..

Im a bit confused as to if its a problem,or the fact she loves water. She is at her waterbowl all the time.. since having her here i am forever filling the inside bowl.

She loves to play in water so im not sure if its just her obsession with water or something else... any ideas?

Maybe just a guzzler.

Been watching it's mother :rolleyes:

I think you will find it is a breed thing - most pugs I know drink a fair bit of water regardless of their diet. Heaps more on warmer days. Just make sure you have extra water bowls around and you should be right. I have clam shells under trees or under the trampoline so I never run out of water.

My springer was diabetic & absolutely loved the water, if he had a drink he would dunk his whole head into the bucket (he had been like this all his life). Suddenly i noticed his water consumption was increasing to the point where i would be filling up 4ltr buckets of water twice or three times a day, i took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus, he was 8 yrs old when we found out. it may be worth while taking your little fella to the vets for a check up.

Edited by lovemypooch

My vets going to love me.. i only just spent over $700 in the last week.. Off for more blood tests I think.. put my mind at rest,..and the vets kids through Uni

Edited by Lewis & Lyn

My vets going to love me.. i only just spent over $700 in the last week.. Off for more blood tests I think.. put my mind at rest,..and the vets kids through Uni

What? :thumbsup: Your going to get her blood tested? How often is she drinking? How much is she drinking? Is she running aorund alot? Is she peeing alot?

I highly doubt she has something wrong with her. If she is a very active dog, which you have described her as in previous posts, she is going to go and guzzle water. Many pugs do and seeing that she is a pug x she obviously has pug trates.

This is what happens when you are unfamiliar with breeds, you think thigs are wrong when they are not. I foster only pugs and pug x's because they are my breed and I know their funny little ways and what is normal and what is not. When to worry and when not to.

I think im bein gparanoid...

I just lost my dog to kidney disease so im a bit on edge.

She seems ok in every way,yes very active... poop all good etc.. So i shouldnt panic PP?.. Ok.. NO TESTS!

Maybe i need to join the pug thread,even though she is a mutt as such.. You can all give me Pug advice..

Thanks for all the replies