Show Ring F A Q

Keshwar

No, you can only enter one class per dog :)

What about those who enter puppy bitch and Australian bred? Also you can do puppy sweepstakes or baby puppy sweepstakes and the open show and the champ show all on one day - it is alot though and much running around :laugh:

You aren't allowed to enter Puppy Bitch and Australian bred with the same dog in the same show. It is one "regular" class and one regular class only.

You are able to enter the appropriate age group sweepstakes in addition to the "regular" class (sweepstakes being considered a special class) and you can enter an open show on the same day as well.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Can I just ask has the ANKC changed the requirement for 25 points to be awarded after the dog is 12 months old rule regarding the champion award? This requirement seems to be absent currently, except for neutered dogs?

Thanks

yes, the 25 points after 12 months is no longer required.

Is it still required for neuter dogs?

• 6 months later...

This has probably been answered already, but when submitting a manual entry (so far I've done them all online with ozentries) do you make the cheque out to the club or the show manager? Or the "Entries to..." person? In this case it's the Murray Valley Kennel Club, the show manager is Mr M Gabell and it says "Entries to Ms M Smith..." with an address. I thought maybe that's only who you address your entry to, and you make the cheque out to the club. Would that be correct? And one cheque for both the Sat and Sun shows, but separate entry forms, right? Thanks!

Edited by cassie

This has probably been answered already, but when submitting a manual entry (so far I've done them all online with ozentries) do you make the cheque out to the club or the show manager? Or the "Entries to..." person? In this case it's the Murray Valley Kennel Club, the show manager is Mr M Gabell and it says "Entries to Ms M Smith..." with an address. I thought maybe that's only who you address your entry to, and you make the cheque out to the club. Would that be correct? And one cheque for both the Sat and Sun shows, but separate entry forms, right? Thanks!

They often say "Cheques made payable to ....." And that's who you make the cheque out to. If it doesn't say, I would make it out to Murray Valley Kennel Club.

Often the schedule will say if they want separate entry forms, or if you can just use one.

• 3 weeks later...

Question about the Adelaide Royal - I'm hoping I haven't made a big mistake :( Are baby puppies ONLY judged on the baby puppy day? In this case Sunday 8th Sept 2013? Or can you enter them on their actual breed day AS WELL? In this case Saints are on Tuesday 10th Sept 2013. I've entered Sumo only on the Sunday, now I'm wondering if we could have/should have done both days? Thoughts? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

This is great! So much fantastic information! I've just gotten my first show dog, and am so so nervous about my first show with him! I have no idea what I'm doing, thankfully he does, and I'm sure he will be a star no matter what! But I'm furiously reading everything I can get my hands on so I'm informed and as prepared as I can be. I'm glad all this info in pinned so I can find it easily to come back.. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

No one has posted in here for a while but I didn't want to start a new thread. I'm sure this has been answered before but still...

I am starting to show my 7 month old Aussie but as I am completely clueless I don't know what to show him in. We use a flat collar most of the time and a fabric martingale for training. The people who show dogs who are helping me show him said they only use check chains. But having never used one before and reading that they aren't always great for the dog I am hesitant. I asked about possibly using a limited slip check as a compromise but was told that could create an undesired lions mane? What do most people use? What should I be looking at getting? I am after some more opinions as I can make an informed choice about what is best to show him in.

Hey Daisy.tea, I've only shown Nova once (entering some more now), but I used a check which was recommended. I'm wondering the same as you though, I didn't really like using it with him. It was fine in the ring etc because he didn't really pull but getting him to ring side was different and I didn't like having to use it frown.gif.

All the other Aussie exhibitors were using snake chains.

I use a snake chain on both my Aussies, they aren't used to check the dog, they are just a device to connect the dog to you. Plus the way the chains lie don't affect how the coat sits - if you were to show in a flat collar it would affect the way the dog looks.

Daisy - are you entering any shows soon. Happy to help you if needed :)

Not for a while. Our first will be the 1st December. It was mostly advice from people who don't show Aussies. A snake chain sounds like a much better option!

Haven't organised my show schedule up to then laugh.gif But I'm sure I will see you around :)

Not for a while. Our first will be the 1st December. It was mostly advice from people who don't show Aussies. A snake chain sounds like a much better option!

Haven't organised my show schedule up to then laugh.gif But I'm sure I will see you around :)

I know my plans up until January! It's because of Christmas and them organising my work schedule in advance. I'm not really that organised...

Okay dumb question but ive entered church in 2 minor puppy (he will just be over six months) now say we win our class cause we are the only flat coat there and no other dogs enter any other classes for our breed does that mean (judges discretion aside) we automatically win bob ?

• Troy unpinned this topic