:(

There are times I wish a vet was easily accessible ....

This morning... wee small hours... I was awoken by Hamlet having explosive diarrhoea at the foot of my bed (on floor) :laugh:

I was away all day- had to go to town, and as he was bright, scrounging food, and racing everywhere..didn't worry.Got updates from family during the day-all good.

Tonight, he is drinking lots... and is having diarrhoea which is now a mustardy colour, ands very frothy... with smears of fresh blood from irritation somewhere :laugh:

he is still playing and scrounging food.

Dammit.

Our dogs never get sick :cry:

Well, rarely...........

he will have to stay outside, tethered, for tonight. outside my room.

Not sure where the dog thermometer is- we haven't used it for so long!

Being an absolute 'hoover'.. I am so hoping he has picked up a bug somehow, in some rubbish he's eaten...

Having seen parvo .. it doesn't immediately present as that...

it also isn't as drastic as hepatitis.. or a blockage situation.

Vet visit is not to be done lightly... 120 km on a mostly dirt road... and we are down to one vehicle at present, due to the rough road breaking the shock absorbers on one :cry: :cry:

Tell me he'll survive..... and not be worse in the morning :rofl:

Please?

After 4 1/2 hours sleep, and a 12 hr day in town ..... I would love to be able to sleep relatively peacefully tonight....

Edited by persephone

Poor Hamlet. I can understand your concerns. :laugh: Heidi recently had a gastro thing, and ended up going from mustard poo to fluro orange. She's been on medication which quickly fixed the problem, but of course we are real close to vets around here.

I do hope you will get some rest. At least he is drinking, which will prevent dehydration. Let us know in the morning how the night went.

Poor you! Poor Hamlet!

My dogs get 'dire rear' from time to time and it's usually from something they have eaten which hasn't agreed with them for some reason.

A good sign is that Hamlet is still bright. Drinking lots of water is OK, he will have lost fluids from the 'dire rear' so if everything else is OK, I'd just not feed him for a day or so then start on somethiing bland like white rice and chicken of you have it.

It's hard when it's one of your own, all you do is worry :laugh:

There are times I wish a vet was easily accessible ....

This morning... wee small hours... I was awoken by Hamlet having explosive diarrhoea at the foot of my bed (on floor) :laugh:

I was away all day- had to go to town, and as he was bright, scrounging food, and racing everywhere..didn't worry.Got updates from family during the day-all good.

Tonight, he is drinking lots... and is having diarrhoea which is now a mustardy colour, ands very frothy... with smears of fresh blood from irritation somewhere :laugh:

he is still playing and scrounging food.

Dammit.

Our dogs never get sick :cry:

Well, rarely...........

he will have to stay outside, tethered, for tonight. outside my room.

Not sure where the dog thermometer is- we haven't used it for so long!

Being an absolute 'hoover'.. I am so hoping he has picked up a bug somehow, in some rubbish he's eaten...

Having seen parvo .. it doesn't immediately present as that...

it also isn't as drastic as hepatitis.. or a blockage situation.

Vet visit is not to be done lightly... 120 km on a mostly dirt road... and we are down to one vehicle at present, due to the rough road breaking the shock absorbers on one :cry: :cry:

Tell me he'll survive..... and not be worse in the morning :rofl:

Please?

After 4 1/2 hours sleep, and a 12 hr day in town ..... I would love to be able to sleep relatively peacefully tonight....

Could be haemorraghic gastro. Dehydration is the immediate risk. I'd be heading for the vet as soon as you can if he isn't better in the morning. I 'd be fasting him.

Do you have any scourban?

Edited by poodlefan

Can he have human Gastrolyte?

I think it has artificial sweetener in...... :laugh: aspartame and phenylalinine

It has been over 20 years since one of the dogs was sick.... then it was hepatitis.

hamlet had an obstruction 5 years ago...

I am so out of practice!! :laugh:

We just never see tummy bugs etc, as the dogs are only rarely exposed to other dogs/properties...

Gastrolyte would have sugar in it, not artificial sweetner I would have thought?

But anyway, sometimes it's best left to nature to take it's course if it doesn't appear to be anything too serious at the moment.

You don't have any Colloidal Silver I bet?

You don't have any Colloidal Silver I bet?

commercial one.. 25ppm and dammit- today I was supposed to buy more... forgot!

Going to town shopping once every 3/4 weeks means I forget so much :laugh:

Edited by persephone

just positive thoughts and fingers crossed

Thanks..... The practical/clinical side is fine... it's the "what if" side which now has me shivering and with a gut ache ! :laugh:

Got any Rescue Remedy for yourself Persephone?

worrying isn't going to help Hamlet nor you! :laugh:

I'd give another dose before bed thumbsup1.gif

Ok... oh- ester C can still do that? Ok....

gee.. poor boy- I've probably aggravated things!

Don't give Vitamin C Persephone.. it's hard on stomachs and may be aggravating the runs.

I'd give another dose before bed thumbsup1.gif

Ok... oh- ester C can still do that? Ok....

gee.. poor boy- I've probably aggravated things!

Don't give Vitamin C Persephone.. it's hard on stomachs and may be aggravating the runs.

Just to clarify, I suggested another dose of CS before bed, not Ester C :laugh: