Tracking Brag

Early this morning (you know they have a 4 in the morning now?!) on the first day of the All Breeds Tracking Club trial at Tamborine, Jazz got a Very Good TD2 pass. :eek:

Logan was going really well for his but unfortunately about half-way through the thick, chest high grass he was too tired to continue, maybe next time.

:eek: at the 4 in the morning. My Kirra is another who doesn't believe in 4.am :mad

Congrats on that nice result for Jazz, ML. And poor Logan - that must have been incredibly tiring. As you say - next time - and someone should get out with a mower :mad .

Can't believe you're talking tracking already. We're still having to worry about getting out into the paddocks - snakes are still active. But I must start some training soon with Kirra - who neds one more for TDX - and with baby Rory, to see what he can do.

Congratulations

Can you remember the track at all or just some of it.

Isn't tracking the most wonderful thing you can do with your dog? I think the early morning tracks are the best because it is just you and your dog going for a walk.

Thanks, I'm still smiling ear-to-ear - I didn't expect either to pass, as the longest wait we'd trained for was 15 minutes.

I can remember the basic track route, I do have the maps also - is that what you mean Gamby? I hear each state is quite different in how things are run - like I believe Victoria has ribbons along the track whereas Queensland doesn't have anything and the judge works from a mud map.

I really like tracking because there's not much interference from the human - either your dog can scent or it can't - and I like exhibitions of pure dog ability.

Thanks, I'm still smiling ear-to-ear - I didn't expect either to pass, as the longest wait we'd trained for was 15 minutes.

You should be really proud. Jazz did a lovely track! So did Logan - he knows what he is doing and will get it no problem!! It was a tough track for him and he did really well - I think you should be proud of him, because he did so well on a hard track!!

And how about your brags while you're here Jinki. :)

My girl Ember got a Very Good on her TD6 track so now has her TDX title. I was very proud of her.

My new pups also tried their very first comp and although I was not very confident in them, they surprised me and passed. Keria got a ranking of Good and Gemma got a Very Good on their TD1 - thanks to ML for the lovely tracks!

My handling was shot to pieces but the dogs knew what they were doing.

Hi all, my GSD Bruce just started tracking last month, both him and I enjoyed it immensely :hug: Went down to a custom saddlery to get him measured up for his tracking harness. I can't wait until our next tracking day next month :laugh: . I absolutely love tracking, so much fun!!!!!

FD

• 2 months later...

Can I join in!?!

Very new to tracking, and finally learnt something about handling, my girls competed on the weekend for 3 out of 3 passes!! Maddie got test 4, Tahlia test 3 and her TD and the baby Jindi got her test 4! The grin is still a mile wide but I'm not sure my fingers have warmed up yet and my house looks like a dry celaners with wet weather gear drying all over the place, apparently we found rain in Victoria! I'm adoroing tracking!

Can I join in!?!

Very new to tracking, and finally learnt something about handling, my girls competed on the weekend for 3 out of 3 passes!! Maddie got test 4, Tahlia test 3 and her TD and the baby Jindi got her test 4! The grin is still a mile wide but I'm not sure my fingers have warmed up yet and my house looks like a dry celaners with wet weather gear drying all over the place, apparently we found rain in Victoria! I'm adoroing tracking!

Congratulations - that's some fantastic results - well done.

I had a trial on the weekend too, and Gemma got a very good on her TD3 and Keira got a very good on her TD2. Gemma's was through water holes so she did really well to keep tracking. So proud of my girls.