Troy

German Shepherd Dog Owners!

9,302 posts in this topic

Flaves   

I remember the last time! So cute.

Well Im back in the club thanks to Ish :)

Enjoy, they grow up so quickly.

Daire is 6 tomorrow and it has gone so quickly

Akayla   

I've posted his picture once tonight already, one more time wont hurt :laugh:

post-1124-0-05306500-1376143065_thumb.jpg

bianca.a   

If it's not too much trouble could you please post regular pics as I am craving another puppy!!!! :) I know the breeder I would go to, I know his name but I am barely holding on to my resolve lol!

Edited by bianca.a

Akayla   

Sorry guys I've been distracted. Some new pics. Almost sure we will call him Jerry Lee. He such a lovely boy (from Ish). Very lucky to have him :) Didn't expect to get another shepherd till end of 2014 but fate had other ideas.

In his big boy bed.

post-1124-0-85448900-1376747835_thumb.jpg

Bitey face

post-1124-0-70476800-1376747864_thumb.jpg

Akayla   

One more.

Channelling his inner cat and trying to sleep on the window sill.

post-1124-0-39233000-1376748047_thumb.jpg

Flaves   

One more.

Channelling his inner cat and trying to sleep on the window sill.

post-1124-0-39233000-1376748047_thumb.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Akayla   

He is isn't he :D

He has been getting quite frustrated as the house seems to be shrinking on him. Sitting in the window and squeezing onto the kiddy couch is proving difficult. Poor boy is growing too fast :laugh:

I'm laughing though, naming him Jerry Lee is outing all the closet K9 fans :laugh:

ish   

It's a requirement of being a GSD lover to be a fan of every movie they appear in :)

Love the bitey face photo!

Lhok   

Hi everyone does this sound like a shepherd would suit?

I'm looking for an assistance dog which needs to be big enough to handle my weight on him/her sometimes (I can pass out) pull in a harness as sometimes I need help walking. Be obedient enough to pass a public access test which is quite strict and doesn't drool and needs to be able to get along with neutered male Akita as I have been told my Akita isn't really suitable for the job.

If so can someone give me some help with lines/breeders (I know nothing about sheps)

--Lhok

skip   

Hi all

My workmates GSD died recently and she has been looking at GSD puppies. I don't own a gsd althou for years on a property we did have them and they were lovely dogs. One lovely male was from Dr Zammit and the others were all rescue.

A lot seems to have changed since the dogs we had. The shape considerably in the last 10 years or am I just imagining this?

I found a kennel that had panda GSD listed?I didn't find a lot of info on these. Is it a colour that happens when genes go mad or had someone introduced another breed? Like the harlequin poodle which has English Pointer or something similar used to give a black and white poodle. Except the dogs are not poodle like and can look like pointers.

Can somebody please explain, you guys know your breed best. I'd be guessing panda are not allowed in the showring.

Any breeder suggestions for my workmate would be welcome. She is near Sydney/South Coast. Her husband loved the dog althou not experienced with dogs beforehand and walked it daily. The dog was allowed into enclosed veranda and would probably not be taken to obedience classes etc. She couldn't cope I think with a working type or anything with any drive. A calm good natured dog would be vital.

I suggested she go to shows and find an adult she likes , then investigate a puppy from that breeder. I actually suggested she might consider other breeds but she is set on a GSD. Her last dog was purebred but breeder not breeding anymore. The dog was lovely but getting on at 10 years. He died suddenly after an operation to remove a tumour (possibly) on his spleen. Is haemagiosarcoma? a common GSD tumour ?

Thanks for any advice.

ish   

Hi everyone does this sound like a shepherd would suit?

I'm looking for an assistance dog which needs to be big enough to handle my weight on him/her sometimes (I can pass out) pull in a harness as sometimes I need help walking. Be obedient enough to pass a public access test which is quite strict and doesn't drool and needs to be able to get along with neutered male Akita as I have been told my Akita isn't really suitable for the job.

If so can someone give me some help with lines/breeders (I know nothing about sheps)

--Lhok

In my opinion, a GSD would be suitable for all these things except I'm not sure if they are big enough? A male GSD at the larger side of the standard is around 40kg - is that suitable to hold your weight? Everything else they could and would do no worries.

Where are you based?