Dog Barking When I Leave The House....

I have a little issue with Miss Molly,(3 year old cavalier) when i leave the house she barks and barks, even if someone is at home she still barks, it is like she is telling me off for leaving her at home.

Now soon it wont be too much of a issue, but i do need to get her to stop as i wont be house bound everyday, because of her barking..

I want to fix it before anyone complains, and i also happens when i get home, as soon as i pull into the driveway i can hear her barking.

Any idea's??

I also have another two cavaliers at home, and Miss Molly is the oldest of the three of them, she has always barked to some degree when i go out, but it has really gotten worse in the last couple of weeks, though nothing has changed at home.

I occasionally dogsit a dog who's a chronic barker when you go or leave. It's truely ear shattering. :laugh:

This isn't a very scientific approach but it works. Take a handful of kibble (or small treats) and throw it on the back lawn when you go. Scatter it widely By the time the dogs have finished looking for it, you are gone. Ditto for your return.

Edited by poodlefan