Any Anti- Bsl Fans At Sydney Million Paws Walk 09?

Sabby

Hi guys,

At the Million Paws Walk held at Homebush Olympic Park on the 17th May, how many people will be there to oppose the BSL?

i'm curious as i'm very anti- bsl and would like to know if there are any groups attending purely to publicise what the BSL is and how the RS backs it.

The last i heard it was only at the Million Paws Walk in 05 that the Anti-BSL fans joined. Is there a reason why that has died down in the last few walks? Have people just given up? Are "stop BSL" supporters not allowed to attend? Is the RSPCA softening there stance?

yep, people have given up - i remember back when i first joined there was so much going on about BSL, now nothing. I remember a few rallys they had, i did a stand at a pet expo one year.

There were many anti BSL people on this forum who no longer visit.

the EDBA was pretty big when i first joined as well, now you never hear from them at all.

too much bitching between ourselves, we will never overcome BSL if we dont stand together :laugh:

I dont know when the paws walk is on here, if its on my day off i will try to get there with my Anti BSL shirts for myself and my dog :rofl:

Teebs - I used to sit on dogzonline a lot - for the past 6 months or more have only visited occasionally and quickly.

I've just been skimming through some of the threads in the BSL forum and you're words really explained an absolute confusion I was having - I thought Id gone a little odd - I used to consider this essentially an anti BSL forum, now it seems, the tone is pro BSL?

The thrust of one thread was lost in a greater sadness attached to it - but it was basically to dob in any new owner you suspect of having a pitty, so they come under the scrutiny of the council - not to wait and make an assesment, as a dog of any breed, as to whether you consider that individual dangerous. Pro BSL in essence.

I dunno, Im confused.

How quickly we accept the status quo, and let the wedge drive a little deeper.

I am finding more people on DOL are almost backing BSL.. A few names spring to mind. How anyone can think it will ever work is beyond me.

I asked around quite a bit in how I could help etc but no one had any ideas and to be honest I had no idea where to start.

I am finding more people on DOL are almost backing BSL.. A few names spring to mind. How anyone can think it will ever work is beyond me.

I asked around quite a bit in how I could help etc but no one had any ideas and to be honest I had no idea where to start.

I know a lot of people who are thinking the same, where do we start?

I do all i can, day to day at work with customers who are terrified of the bull terriers :rolleyes: It isnt much, but better than nothing

yeah, i know a few people who are willing to get together at the Million Paws Walk (in anti-bsl shirts!) with their dogs (in anti-bsl shirts!) but i'm a bit hesitant because i don't know why the subject has died.

Very humiliating to attend with stop bsl shirts only to realise that the RSPCA is on the way to removing the bill! :eek:

My aim at the Walk would be to just publicise what the BSL is as i know that there is tiniest of chances that a legislation like this would be changed!

If anything, by telling the mainstreamers what the BSL is would just stop it in its tracks so that other breeds don't get targeted!

I was always torn about MPW.

I didn't appreciate their stand on BSL, but the other side of me has seen first hand peoples perception of my breed change before my eyes. Thanks to my goofy dog :laugh:

Edit - Gah its Kobayashi

Edited by greyhound7

I was always torn about MPW.

I didn't appreciate their stand on BSL, but the other side of me has seen first hand peoples perception of my breed change before my eyes. Thanks to my goofy dog :rofl:

Edit - Gah its Kobayashi

:thumbsup::) I was thinkin theres no BSL laws restricting greys lmao... Nice one Kobes :thumbsup: