"practise" Agility Trails

I have an (important) agility trial coming up in a few weeks time which will be mine and my dogs first ever trial. I was wondering if I should do a "practise" trial a week or two before this so im not as nervous and know what im up for and can prepare more. Anyone ever done this before or recommend it?

I try to do as many practice trials as I can (ideally more than real ones).

It's important to stop and reward dog if they do something awesome (like distance work, great weaves, contacts etc) so they never learn that the ring means no rewards.

In WA we have "not for competition".

So at a normal trial you send your entry form in and the cost per class is half a normal entry. You get to run - the judge judges you and you get timed, but your results don't count. You can compete down a class, so a masters dog can run in novice or excellent, they can jump at the usual dogs height or lower. You cannot run in a higher class than what you are qualified for.

In WA we have "not for competition".

So at a normal trial you send your entry form in and the cost per class is half a normal entry. You get to run - the judge judges you and you get timed, but your results don't count. You can compete down a class, so a masters dog can run in novice or excellent, they can jump at the usual dogs height or lower. You cannot run in a higher class than what you are qualified for.

Thats an awesome idea :walkdog: