World Dog Games - Agility, Frisbee, Flyball And Dock Dogs

I agree that it is confusing if it will continue in Aus- could they be planing run multiple world dog games in a year rather than just one country per year. The information looked like it was going to continue in Aus and that in future yrs here the dock dogs would be an actual comp type thing rather than a demo??

It would be nice if it did stay in aus!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i hope it doesnt go around the world!

cant they just have their own one!!

i mean they could have two! one like the olympics and one just for australians i cant see why not!

i hope they will do one in victoria i would love to see some dock diving action in victoria!!

we could do it at rod laver arena or whatever it is called :cry:

please let dock diving became a well known sport in victoria!! really wanna give it a go!!

I loved the freebies as well.

The flyball was the best (of course...) and I am glad that there were no big dramas with any of the dogs- and most are coping so well with the cameras, lights and everything!! One of the guys taking pics of the dogs said that he would work with animals ANY day after his experience with the dogs!!

Josh went okay, but came up lame on Sunday, so took him home and gave Moses a go. Moses went pretty good in training but decided when there was an audience that he would use the ramp instead. The crowd loved the comic relief. Then I found a tick on Moses's eye lid and quickly went to the vet on site at the games to get it out.

I am thinking of becoming involved in the disc dog and had a quick little go with Tia and she caught a disc in the air from 15 feet away after a few goes. So was very happy with that for a start. I think it is something that Victoria could easily get involved with very cheap to set up. Dogs don't have to jump really high in the air either, they can catch the disc with all 4 feet on the ground and still earn points.

That was Moses, Josh had his turn yesterday. Moses was a bit disappointing, but then I thought well the crowd loves it and I can be the clown. I had someone shaking my hand afterwards, and they said the video showed his jowels going in and out as if he was saying "but the water is too cold, " this is what happens when you have a dog that thinks too much. :thumbsup:) I also know that audience always loves to see the dogs stuffing up. They also love seeing a dog thinking. Moses is a dog who loves to rort the system. Yesterday a dog disgraced itself during agility, and the audience loved it.

I went along today and thought Moses was the star of the dock diving! :thumbsup: I don't blame him, if there's a ramp there why not use it! Ha. You were all fantastic, definately going to give it a go with my girl. She's been in training for years, but only recently did i find out it was actually a dog sport!

Thanx Lozi!!!! None of the US trainers, or the dock dog organiser, said a word to me about our performance. But the laid back Hanrob trainer did. LOL :thumbsup:) I actually had a video of Moses in training doing the same thing and you can see the Hanrob trainer, laughing in the back ground, will put it up on youtube shortly.

Here it is on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=064HlBXzZn0

Edited by whatevah

I get nervous and really feel for the dogs when they muck up, but I definitely don't think Moses did. My son and I kept talking about him on the way home. Apart from being a lovely looking dog, he's a thinker. Why would he do that if he didn't have to? Clever boy.

The games were awesome - you guys & your dogs were terrific to watch.

I LOVED Moses - I though he and Le Hammer's Doc were the hits of the show - they were so funny and really entertained the crowd which was Awesome.

Canine Disc was interesting - LOVED Jade :thumbsup:

Flyball was terrific - I think that really got the crowd going - geeez some of the dogs were fast!!!

Shame there wasn't more agility. I was wondering if the agility dogs were a little uncomfortable running on what potentially looked like slippery flooring (astro turf??). Would it have been better to put some sort of rubber flooring down similar to what they use in indoor agility arena's in the USA?

Does anyone know the winners for each event? Would have loved to have been there to watch it all, I can't wait to see it on TV.

Forgive me if I am wrong... here goes,

Flyball - 6 Pack (Norwest Thunderdogs 1)

Disc - Jade (Kelpie x ) she was great

Agility - Sammie - Toy poodle and a BC x but cannot remember name sorry.

on tv early December I am told.

I had an AWESOME time! Must have missed you Westielover - bummer! I saw MonElite and Ruthless and went with Casima.

I also thought the agility dogs did not look that comfortable on the flooring. Flyball was fast and furious as usual! The dock diving was great - the winning dog was amazing and Moses and Doc were hillarious! And go little Atget!

And the Greg Derrett seminar was fantastic! Talking about contacts and had some really useful pointers. Was also interesting to note the differences between the UK system and here. Was pitched towards competitors so some great stuff and demo dogs were great too.