Speedlites

~*Shell*~

Hey guys,

After having a few very lack lustre indoor photo shoots with my 450d, I've decided to invest in a speedlite. I've searched and searched online and for the life of me, can't find any reviews and because of that I have no idea what I'm looking for (not even the usually helpful canon staff who work across the road from me could help).

I went into a shop yesterday and the guy there looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him about them. His response was "they're all pretty much the same, regardless of price" :cry: and he didn't give me any helpful information at all!

Can anyone give me a good place to start? What should I avoid? Any recommendations?

Hey guys,

After having a few very lack lustre indoor photo shoots with my 450d, I've decided to invest in a speedlite. I've searched and searched online and for the life of me, can't find any reviews and because of that I have no idea what I'm looking for (not even the usually helpful canon staff who work across the road from me could help).

I went into a shop yesterday and the guy there looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him about them. His response was "they're all pretty much the same, regardless of price" :cry: and he didn't give me any helpful information at all!

Can anyone give me a good place to start? What should I avoid? Any recommendations?

A 430EX is what many people start with.

The 580EX II (or the older 580 EX or even a 2nd hand 550 EX) are more powerful units with some extra features.

If you only want one flash the 430EX is probably the best bang for buck.

If you want to start playing with multiple flashes, then a 430EX and a 580EX II is the option that's cheaper than two 580EX IIs.

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfa...speedlites.html