Dog Shampoos

I use the plush puppy herbal whitening shampoo or Mrs Cosglo's purple shampoo.

I love both of them, their whites are very white and it removes any redness from the coat of my tri girl and my sable looks so rich and shiney. They both are great shampoos and dont seem to clog my hydrobath like I was told some do. Another good shampoo i have used is Hossgloss it is a horse shampoo but works really well, but you then need to pay a bit more attention to whites before a show as it does not get them as white as the purple shampoo.

Jacqui

Eridor Smooth Collies

Canberra

our whites are very snowy white which is why we probably not noticed any improvement but some if our saints have pink elbows, will the Plush Puppy help with that? We are willing to try most things so long as they are legal and do not inflict pain :thumbsup:

We are willing to try most things so long as they are legal and do not inflict pain :)

;) :rofl:

Every four baths or so, I mix in some purple shampoo in with Victoria's regular shampoo (Aloveen), and this brings the whites back up. But from memory, she still has a bit of the pink elbow thing happening. Will have a look later and see. :D

Iceni,

If you have a stained area you want to whiten, I find that working some sunlight soap into a lather on the area first, then rinsing and washing with a white enhancing shampoo, works really well.

I like the Plush Puppy whitening shampoo too. You can actually use it on other colours of dogs and it won't affect coat colour - it actually pretty good for black dogs too.

I use Squirt (fairly new line, made by the Fudge hair people as the CEO is a big dog lover apparently) for my guys.

I use Dr Harry sensitive stuff for all the rescues that pass through (it's a lot cheaper).

Plus I got Plush Puppy extras (coat conditioner, coat sunscreen, etc).

I probably spend 100 times more on dog 'beauty' products than I do on me beauty products. ;)

My pleasure Maverick..

I actually developed the technique washing the "chrome" on my Quarter Horse. I gave the tip to a English Springer showie who was very happy with the result.

Its great for grass stains (and horse poo) - really work the sunlight soap through into a thick lather. And have your sunnies ready - the white will be WHITE!! ;)

I agree with the Squirt products, they smell terrific and are nice to use with very nice results. I've actually used it myself on the odd occasion and it was just as good for me as the dogs, it's also PH balanced pr PH neutral or something like that and can be used without causing a problem to spot-on flea products.

Kit