Diesel Has Cushings And Seizures

Just caught up on this thread DW

That is really fantastic news that you have found this option... sometimes just knowing we are doing ' something' to help them , makes you feel better. :laugh:

Hugs to both you and Diesel - keep us posted

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dw that sounds like a great alternative. I hope you keep us informed of Diesel's progress and I am praying that he has a brilliant outcome. This has got to have been a roller coaster for you, so I think you need to give yourself a special treat :laugh:

hugs and powerful prayers hading out to you both.

what a great advocate you are for your diesel.... finding out alternatives. please go into the side effects of radiation with your vet as well... so as to avoid any nasty surprises.

Blessings

helen

Thank you for all the well wishes, the kindness I have been shown has really been so touching, I have even had offers to stay in Brisbane at peoples homes, so lovely :laugh:

I took Diesel to Palm Beach today (shhh don't tell the rangers, I pick up the poo you meanies!) and he had so much fun, he was running along the sand then would stop and look out at the water, made me feel so good seeing him enjoy himself so much, just trying to make every day special at the moment (more special than it was already :rofl: )

The count down is on, Mum is coming with me for the trip, taking Diesey up on Sunday (leaving at 6am eek), staying in Brisbane Sunday night and Monday night, will take him back and forth to the clinic for mon and tues, then fly back to syd for a few days leaving him at the clinic.

Then my fiancee and I will fly up Friday lunch, collect the brave little man and take him off somewhere nice for the weekend, as he doesn't get treatment sat and sun. So now to find a nice coastal dog friendly place for next weekend ( an hour or two from brisbane/albany creek). Fiancee will have to fly back sun night for work and I will stay on an extra few nights at my cousins house, then if all goes well repeat for the next few weeks, then he will only have three nights a week without me.

So we have a plan, I need to get onto loading pics on here, as Diesey is asleep on the spare bed behind me looking very cute in his new winter rug!

How wonderful that you will be able to spend a fiar bit of time with Diesel whilst he has his treatment. Sounds like he enjoyed his time on the beach (I personlly think all beaches should be dog friendly :rofl: ). Good luck with his treatment and your trips back and forth. :laugh:

DW, what you are doing for your Diesel is wonderful. If anything gets him through, it will be your dedication to him and your efforts to get him well. Good on you, and I hope that you will be rewarded with successful treatment and Diesel having many more years with you.

You sound like such a fantastic doggy mum, with such a serious issue as Diesel's, he's sure lucky to have you (and mum and fiance who also sound so very supportive).

Not sure if I will be on before you guys embark on your journey, but we all here send you all the very best wishes that everything goes smoothly and that Diesel comes back fighting fit. Give the brave little guy hugs and kisses from all of us who are here cheering on the sidelines.

:banghead: GO DIESEL GO :rofl:

DW - all the very best and I hope your journey with Diesel comes back with a successful outcome. There are many here whose hearts and thoughts will be with you all.

Regards

Erny

Edited by Erny

Hi Charles, Valerie was really knowledgeable, she said that most of the dogs she treats have tumor's about the same size, there is 80 - 85% chance that the tumor will shrink. She said we will know within the first week weather treatment is working, and if it is, we do a total of 18 fractions over 3.5 weeks. She said in many cases dogs will live for more than 3 years after. She said (which is what all vets have said) that he only has months if left untreated. So it's certainly worth trying. I really hope I am doing the right thing by him, he is in good spirits, took him down to the water again today, as he loves to run on the shores. Valerie said if it was her dog she would definitely do this treatment. Thank you so much for your advice, and I will keep you updated.

Thanks everyone else for your continued support, we leave bright and early tomorrow to begin our journey, we'll keep you updated. First treatment on Monday, Diesel is looking really good, feeling positive :thumbsup:

Hi Everyone,

Diesel and I are in Brisbane, he is asleep at my feet now. He is coping well with the radiation, but the vet asked me to stay around till Monday, when they know how he has reacted to the treatment. He does have facial paralization, so I am putting regular eye drops in as he can't blink, and he has droopy cheeks. He is very tired from all of the travelling, so sleeps alot, but gets himself up and is eating well. Loves going for his walks, but he refuses to go out in the rain, he just steps out from undercover and aims into the rain (too much info hehe)

So won't know much until Monday, and hopefully he is reacting well to the radiation and can finish his treatment.

Thanks for all the messages xx

Know that there would be many of us who are not posting, but who are reading and continue to send our best wishes for Diesel, and for you. Fingers crossed for a good report come Monday :rofl:.

DW, glad to hear from you... and very happy to hear that Diesel is holding up well so far. He is so lucky to have such a dedicated and supportive mum. If only all dogs had that.

He sounds like a fighter, and we have high hopes here that Diesel will respond well to his treatment. We will be waiting with bated (and Sasha's slightly stinky) breath for Monday's verdict, and until then, still sending all the very best wishes to you both.

You both deserve a good result. :rofl:

Keep up the fantastic work with your little guy.