Diesel Has Cushings And Seizures

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiahma,

Welcome and sorry to hear of your girls diagnosis. It can be very scary... but don't be deterred by this. If your girl is healthy otherwise, and you can afford treatment, then I would give it a shot.

Not all stories are bad. Chloe didn't really get sick at all, she was just drinking and peeing and looked generally sad and uncomfortable. As soon as she started meds, her symptoms just went... she was back to herself. That was a year ago, in the last month we had to change dosage as the meds were working so well, and last week she came off meds all together and is in remission from Cushings. She also has arthritis, but if you could see her now, you wouldn't even know she had that or Cushings disease. She is very well, 11yo and bouncing around like a puppy with genuine quality of life.

Depending on what type of cushings your girl has (Chloe has pituitary dependent), I would at least investigate and research - as I said before, every case is different and not all stories are bad, some are very good and do not contain pain or suffering!! I will say though, that due to Cushings your girl will not be feeling the arthritis as much, and if you were to put her on meds, she may possibly feel the arthritis a bit more than she currently is - something to keep in mind as I do not know the severity of her arthritis. Chloe's is quite bad, she's had 2 leg ops etc, and we did notice that she was a bit more stiff and rickety, however not too badly. I have to say though, since she has been in remission and her cortisol levels have been normal her movement is very free and she has not had any arthritis meds either.

If you would like more info, please dont hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

KL

Edited by Kelly_Louise

Kiahma

So sorry to hear, I know DW and a few others have had experience with Cushings I can only send hugs and support, and know that youwill make the right choices for your dear little friend.

Hugs

J

Thank you so much J. Yesterday was a bad one with diarrhoea all day but today she seems a little better and once again eating a little chicken and rice and following me for short walks so we relax again but we know it is only a matter of time. Thank you for your thoughts. L