What Are The Benefit's Of Crates

keels

Thanks Little Pixie!! In all the stuff I've read (lots of articles out there) not one has mentioned taking off the dogs collar!!! Now that i think of ti, that could turn into a very unfortunate situation if it was to get caught without you around!!! :D

Purple!!!! ;) How cute!!!! Very nice TKS! Thank god mine was only limited colours cos it's off ebay (plain black) otherwise we'd have it in blue, just like his lead, collar, both water and food bowls (different shades of blue) half of his toys, good thing he's a boy!!!!

Blue is both our favourite colour, but my guy is obsessed with it, i had a nice little food bowl for him (one he wouldn't fall into!!) and he found a massive one in blue, and was trying to make me get that instead (trying to insist it was best cos he could grow into it!! :rofl: more like fall into it!) luckily i found a little one in blue, and we were both happy!!

I took on a two year old Neapolitan Mastiff as a rescue project. He wasn't house-trained, went beserk at the sight of my cats so that I was terrified he was going to kill one, and didn't see inside the house as being different from outside, so he caused all sorts of havoc by being rough. I'm not sure he'd even been inside a house.

Finally bought him a crate to enable him to be in the house without being able to damage anyone or anything. He's now house-trained, gets on well with the cats, behaves sensibly in the house and is rarely crated anymore. He's not that fond of his crate, but it was a terrific training tool or him, and I'd not hesitate to crate train another dog.

This is him a week or so ago. :laugh:

post-9-1100909370.gif