Innova Evo

Has anyone tried this dry dog food?

It is supposed to be free of grains but it is very expensive.

Does anyone know if you can buy it anywhere other than Pets Paradise stores in SEQ?

It looks like it might be OK???

Has anyone tried this dry dog food?

It is supposed to be free of grains but it is very expensive.

Does anyone know if you can buy it anywhere other than Pets Paradise stores in SEQ?

It looks like it might be OK???

you can only get it from PP mob :rainbowbridge:

the only other grainless food available in Australia is Artemis Maximal Dog and you can get this one frm decent stores

I know where you get it at Ipswich and not at PP if thats of any help.

I think you mean the Pet Goods Direct in Ipswich (used to live there).

However Pet Goods Direct are own by the same mob as PP ;)

Yes that's the problem, PP are always sooo expensive and they sell puppies.

I was hoping that someone else was bringing it into Oz.

Edited to add:

Where can I get Artemis?

Edited by STITCH

Hey Stitch

I feed Evo and Fudo does well on it (I don't think he likes it as much as he did Orijen though). A few weeks back I searched around for Artemis Maximal and the closest retailer I could find was on the Sunshine Coast (Beerburrum I think). I did email the wholesalere though who was very helpful (can't remember her name) and got her to quote me a price and it was the same price including delivery as Evo. I still keep thinking about trying the Artemis but convenience and surety of supply have been holding me back. What I mean is, Pet Goods Direct always has Evo in stock, they are only 5 minutes away from me and if I was to have Artemis delivered then someone would need to be home as our front door is to exposed to the elements and I have an almost 50kg Akita in the back yard so they can't leave it there! The Evo though is good for Fudo, has good ingredients and he eats it.

By the way, have tried Eagle Pack and California Natural as well (though they are not grain free) and he won't even look at them.

Thanks for that Fudo.

I have been doing the whole food reassessment thing recently because of ongoing problems with feeding raw all natural. I have different dogs on different diets. I have one on a weight control diet and one on a colitis (low residue)diet plus normal eaters plus puppies etc. I have tried the puppies on Eagle Pack and although it was good and they liked it, I am thinking that I could do better.

I am currently feeding the last of the Eagle Pack and also Nutro but Nutro is too much like Advance for my liking. I also feed BARF to my puppies and they really like it. It is sooooo much better now than it used to be when we last tried it several years ago.

It also concerns me about continuity of supply when it comes to relatively obscure brands regardless of how good they may be. Perhaps Evo will be the easiest to source.

Fudo, how many feeds do you get out of a bag of Evo?

Thanks for the link but WOW min.42% Protein in Artemis!!!

Anyone know what effects this has on growth in puppies???

Protein builds muscle and is essential for healthy all-round development, but does not by itself accelerate growth.

The major growth factors are - the genetic code, growth hormone, and bone minerals such as calcium and phosphorus.

Um... have you looked at the protein levels in Evo?

Any grainless food will be higher in protein. Artemis Maximal has approx 70% meat content.

By the way, Maximal is just one of the Artemis range and all of them are wheat and corn free.

Sags

:laugh:

Yeah, all of the grain free foods I have seen have about 40% protein. I am in no way knowledgeable about dog food - I only know what Fudo has done well on, what I have picked up here on dogz and what my breeder told me. But insofar as protein and growth rates, everything I have read agrees with what Laffi said.

A large bag of evo (13.5 kg I think) lasts me about 4 weeks I think. But I feed Canine Country barf rolls and rmb's as well. As well as sardines a few times a week.

Sags is also right in that the other Artemis foods don't have wheat or corn; neither do the other super premium foods I have tried though but they all gave Fudo the squits except Orijen (all introduced gradually a week). Thats not to say that others would do the same, only that when I found a food that worked I stuck with it. Having said that, I will still probably give Artemis Maximal a go at some stage soon.....

Edited by Fudo

Can you get Canine Country BARF in Qld?

I have been using Dr.B's Rabbit and the pups love it.

It is so easy to feed - such a luxury just to buy it already mixed as I have had to mix it up myself in the past.

Yeah you can. They have two stores, one at Woodridge and one at Burpengary or Caboolture. Just google their website, it has their locations and all the products they sell including their ingredients. They also deliver from the Gold Coast, north to Sunny Coast and west to Fernvale. They only deliver to your home if you make an order in excess of 50 kg (I think) otherwise they supply pet food stores. I have found though that each time I have put an order in at my local pet food store (Ipswich) that much of it doesn't turn up. The pet food store says that they were told that the things I ordered weren't in stock but when I travel to Woodridge the next day they have freezers full of everything. I don't know if the pet food store is making a blue and then telling porkies or if the supplier doesn't really want to sell through a third party (because the products retail from both places for the same price so the supplier would prefer the retail markup go to themselves). Or of course it is possible that on the three occasions I have placed an order the supplier has genuninely run out of product and replensihed stock the next day. The cynic in me tells me that something else is going on though...

Since the barf rolls are such a good product though I am (reasonably) happy to drive to Woodridge to get them.

Interesting - do you think it is better than Dr.B's BARF?? Can you tell me how much it is?

Maybe sometimes retailers don't order enough of a product because they are running short of funds and don't want to either put in a big order or don't want to order at all at that time, so they just say it's out of stock. I had that happen when I was feeding VAN. Luckily there was another supplier in the area so I got it from them.

Of course, suppliers can be short of stock at a particular time.

I will have another look on their website but last time I looked they only showed the NSW suppliers.

Here is their link.

http://www.caninecountry.com.au/

They are about $3.50 for a 1 kg roll or 10 rolls for $32. I can't comment on Dr B's, I have never used them or seen them for that matter. I can tell you that the CC ones ingredients include fruit, veges, brewers yeast, kelp and flaxseed oil as well as the main meat ingredient which is minced flesh and bone. They don't have rabbit which I would like to try, but they do have beef, turkey, kangaroo, duck, lamb and a red mixture (beef, veal, lamb I think) and a white mix (chicken, turkey, fish). The mixes I just mentioned also have the veges etc of course.

Another Artemis fan here - I feed raw to two of the dogs but Cherry and the cat are on Artemis and wow, I have never ever seen my cat in such amazing condition, her coat is so soft and shiny it's almost hard to believe! Cherry is loving the Artemis too and is really enjoying it.

Edited by huski

Geez that Canine Country BARF seems cheap compared to Dr.B's but they are all on the south side of Brisbane.

I would give that a try but I need one around Caboolture area???

Thanks for the link Fudo, I have emailed them.

Also, once the pups have finished the dry dogfood I have here I am switching to either Evo or Artemis - it sounds good!!

Edited by STITCH

• 3 weeks later...

Im so glad I came on here, I havent been here for ages but was fighting the demons inside to go against all of my beliefs and try Monty on EVO... I desperately DO NOT want to support PP. I have called Natura in the US and are trying to see if there is any way that another company can import the EVO, I am wondering if anyone else wants to call them and plead with them about the PP dilema. Anyway after reading this thread I am looking at Artemis Maximal.

EVO vs Maximal any comments???

Food wise I mean not the PP issues. I know all about the PP and have always sworn I would not support them in anyway. I am trying my hardest to make it known to Natura that the wider dog community of Australia refuse to support puppy farms and the PP company. Just wondering if there are more people out there telling them the same story if they will actually look at giving it to another supplier because surely they are not interested in supporting PP.