I've Fallen In Love

I also didn't think Kelpie-i's comments were very offensive. Try owning a bull breed for a while, then you'll get a thick skin about people insulting your dog.

:rofl: Okay now I'm stumped. Who took any of my comments on this thread as offensive?? I couldn't be bothered reading through the 7 pages of it but am very surprised it was taken this way (if it was).

Oh damn, I meant Kavik. I didn't find Kavik offensive. Some people did.

I didn't find you offensive either, of course. :laugh:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Time for a group hug, me thinks :):laugh: .

ETA: K-i .... I know what you mean by the 'special' relationships (dog/human) that you come across from time to time, even when the dog is not your own. And they are a joy. When I have them for training, I usually leave them for the last to work with :). I'm sure that dog's owner would have been stoked with the training her dog went home with :clap:. :rofl:

Edited by Erny

We poodle folk have hides like rhinos. No one but other poodle zombies wants one. :rofl:

It's a yin/yang thing. What some people love about their dogs will be what other people don't like at all.

No need to take it personally. I dont' see it as much different to liking or hating anchovies. Its just a matter of preference.

Yep as the French would say Vive La Difference.

Would be boring if we all liked the same thing. Besides dogs that are popular are always going to attract more attention both negative and positive just by the sheer numbers you meet. Haven't met any average joe blow with a dislike for PBGV's recently. :laugh:

I like poodles btw, so long as they are black (no I am not at all shallow). :)

Oh and I met a chihuahua I liked the other day, twas cute. :clap:

Besides dogs that are popular are always going to attract more attention both negative and positive just by the sheer numbers you meet.

I guess that has been proved true here in this thread! The pure popularity of the Lab with the average Joe Blow means you're gonna get ones that are not so pleasant to be around. Same with other popular breeds.

Ok. Time for a group hug, me thinks :clap::) .

I agree! This thing could keep going round in circles if we don't just step back from it :laugh:

:rofl:

:)

ETA: K-i .... I know what you mean by the 'special' relationships (dog/human) that you come across from time to time, even when the dog is not your own. And they are a joy. When I have them for training, I usually leave them for the last to work with

Yeah, like a sneaky love affair :rofl: Imagine the scenario if I'd told my dogs...Buddy would file for divorce and never speak to me, Gabe would be the vindictive ex-boyfriend who would stalk me every day (he does that now anyway) and Lochie would be the emotional wreck...probably hit the bottle or something like that. :laugh: Tasha...well she's my OH's so she would probably Hi-5 me!

Seriously, it is exactly like you say Erny re the 'special' relationships.

Agree....Group Hugs :)

He's an American style Lab, you know the longer legged, boxier head type.

Hey Kelpie-i, the American boxier head, confused me.

I like Kelpies. More often than not see them with sheep while visiting properties to train or trial.

Not sure about their housing, usually in high wire crates. Not much bedding either. Farm life can be tough.

LL, I'm no expert on Lab varieties as you've gathered but there seems to be 2 different "looks".

One has the shorter legs and tends to be a little more "barrel" looking in the build - not by weight just by build. The other (the one I refer to) has longer legs and their heads are more box like or square in appearance. They look much more athletic in build. You know...the 'Marley and Me' variety. I was told these were the American type Labs and the other the British type. Please clarify if this is incorrect. :laugh:

Not much bedding either. Farm life can be tough.

Try telling that to my kelpie bitch :rofl:

LL, I'm no expert on Lab varieties as you've gathered but there seems to be 2 different "looks".

One has the shorter legs and tends to be a little more "barrel" looking in the build - not by weight just by build. The other (the one I refer to) has longer legs and their heads are more box like or square in appearance. They look much more athletic in build. You know...the 'Marley and Me' variety. I was told these were the American type Labs and the other the British type. Please clarify if this is incorrect. :laugh:

Not much bedding either. Farm life can be tough.

Try telling that to my kelpie bitch :rofl:

Well I am not a show labrador expert by any stretch of the imagination...but the working lines certainly are different in looks. Big heads do not normally translate into bigger brains.

When I took my US import for his first Australian eye examination, the vet admired his looks. I thought he was joking. My import is not a show prospect.

I have discussed balanced body structure with show breeders, rather than show ideals.

Short legs are not on my wish list.

LL, this is the sort of Lab I like the look of...this would be the working line.

workinglab.jpg

Goodness......WITHOUT A DOUBT. Ahhhh, lovely.

Hey, do you prefer working or show kelpie's?

Ooh nice and also black :) (I know I have to get over the colour preference it is a problem :D )

Is there a side shot? I know not much about labs obviously but if I saw that dog in the pound say I would have thought it was a cross.

Can someone post me a pic of show vs working - genuinely interested. :confused:

post-9074-1244619321_thumb.jpg

Quite a few people have mistaken Darcy for working line Lab. She's out of a registered Lab bitch by a Kelpie dog.

Not the worlds greatest photo but you kind of get the idea.

Quite a few people have mistaken Darcy for working line Lab. She's out of a registered Lab bitch by a Kelpie dog.

Someone thought Millie was a Kelpie, now they've got me wondering if she is a Lab x Kelpie (she's a rescue dog so it's anyone's guess, though, Ruby's breeder says she's full Lab! So confused!)

But I don't know enough (well, anything really!) about Kelpie's to know... here are some pics of her:

P1030112.jpg

P1030114.jpg

She is a nice looking Lab :D

Not sure if you were talking about Ruby or Jess' Darcy, but I'll say thanks for both of them :)

Someone thought Millie was a Kelpie, now they've got me wondering if she is a Lab x Kelpie (she's a rescue dog so it's anyone's guess, though, Ruby's breeder says she's full Lab! So confused!)

But I don't know enough (well, anything really!) about Kelpie's to know... here are some pics of her:

She is a nice looking Lab :D

Not sure if you were talking about Ruby or Jess' Darcy, but I'll say thanks for both of them :)

I reckon I can see Kelpie in her face, and in and around her eyes in the 2nd photo. Darcy's eyes are darker, more like the Lab. The Kelpie doesn't stick out much in her face, but most people pick she has something else in her from the body shape.

post-9074-1244622165_thumb.jpg