I've Fallen In Love

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LL, this is the sort of Lab I like the look of...this would be the working line.

I saw a yellow girl that looked a lot like that black lab at an obedience trial on Sunday. She was slim, leggy and had a very pretty head ( and was taking herself for a walk out of the group stays when I noticed her....she must have been missing her mum, who was hiding in the tent for the out of sight stays!)

I like labs but I don't think I've ever seen one as pretty as this girl, I wish I'd spoken to her owner and found out more about her.

Re breeds who are stereotyped....well *my* breed, the Aussie Shepherd, has a reputation for being highly intelligent. Benson dares to be different.

I like the working labs. If I was to own a Lab, I'd like a dog like the one below. Check out the fact that it has a waist and muscle tone. :laugh: It doesn't have a head shaped like a brick though.

ETA: Thanks FHRP for the photos.

workinglab.jpg

workinglab2.jpg

Edited by poodlefan

I like the working labs. If I was to own a Lab, I'd like a dog like the one below. Check out the fact that it has a waist and muscle tone. :cheer: It doesn't have a head shaped like a brick though.

ETA: Thanks FHRP for the photos.

workinglab.jpg

workinglab2.jpg

V V noice, love the muscle tone. :rofl:

I love pics of dogs working.

Wow. look at those muscles

I wish I was as toned as that :cheer:

Pity you don't see more Labs in that condition.. especially in the show ring. :rofl:

Ain't that the truth, just be glad you are not the next breed in after them.

Darcy is a lighter boned Toller and is also very trim and fit, so coming in after Labs is a nightmare!

Rubystar, your girl is gorgeous, I like the long legs and the lighter bone but she still has a nice head from the side. There is a Lab in our flyball who is gorgeous, she is what I would want if I wanted a Lab......helps that she is one of the quickest dogs in the team running around 4.5 seconds :(

Hey, do you prefer working or show kelpie's?

LL, I prefer working line kelpies....you know, the kelpies that don't look like kelpies :thumbsup:

Labradors in the UK and US have split (show - working), as they have in recent times Australia.

Show and working lines simply have different perfection criteria. Might I humbly add Customs labradors also.

Hey photo of JP and Dan. Cool, glad Poodlefan (and Lara) did not add a certain photo of a pick up dog at the stake while Dan and Yo competed together.

LL, I prefer working line kelpies....you know, the kelpies that don't look like kelpies :thumbsup:

Labradors in the UK and US have split (show - working), as they have in recent times Australia.

Show and working lines simply have different perfection criteria. Might I humbly add Customs labradors also.

Hey photo of JP and Dan. Cool, glad Poodlefan (and Lara) did not add a certain photo of a pick up dog at the stake while Dan and Yo competed together.

Was that Yank? :(

I saw a yellow girl that looked a lot like that black lab at an obedience trial on Sunday. She was slim, leggy and had a very pretty head ( and was taking herself for a walk out of the group stays when I noticed her....she must have been missing her mum, who was hiding in the tent for the out of sight stays!)

I like labs but I don't think I've ever seen one as pretty as this girl, I wish I'd spoken to her owner and found out more about her.

Any chance you could PM me the dogs name? To look like that the black labrador in the photo, big chance it has US lines in its pedigree.

Was that Yank? :(

No Peppa pie. They needed a water pick up dog so I offered her. The photo was a very wet Peppa on my lap. She was lying on her side, eyes looking up and licking. Cute snap - spoilt working labradors. Guilty. ha.

Rubystar, your girl is gorgeous, I like the long legs and the lighter bone but she still has a nice head from the side.

Thankyou :rofl: I like how lean she is and still has the pretty head :rofl: But she's lean because I keep her that way, she could very easily stack on the kilos like us humans do if we indulge a little too much :)

Any chance you could PM me the dogs name? To look like that the black labrador in the photo, big chance it has US lines in its pedigree.

I didn't have a catalogue so I don't know what her registered name is......I think her pet name was Summer. If anyone has a catalogue for the obedience trials at Morwell last weekend, she was in the open bitch class PM.

She was BOOOOOO-tiful! And had that lovely, loose-limbed movement that long-legged dogs have.

If I could afford it, I'd pay for someone to come to clean my house for me. I don't think that makes me lazy though. But it does indicate I like a clean house and for it to be cared for.

I thought you were training Mandela to do that? :laugh:

<sigh> ..... please don't tell Jeff Jones, but Mandela's house-work training is very slow in the making :). I was drying a fry pan that I'd washed and told him that he should be able to manage a tea-towel by now. Well, he can manage a tea-towel actually, but not in the way I mean :laugh:. He also seems to have the vacuuming back to front. He brings in the dirt and I vacuum it. It seems he thinks I am the one that needs to practice!

So it brings me to dreaming about having a house cleaner.

:wave:

You amateur!

You amateur!

Oh, how cute :). Shut up ....... please :wave:, Jeff. :wave:

I have seen the way YOUR dog takes out the garbage. Hhhhmph!!! It would be helpful if the garbage STAYED in the garbage bin!! :laugh:

ETA: Ok .... so who dobbed? I asked for Jeff not to be told. Staranais? :laugh:

Edited by Erny

You amateur!

Oh, how cute :). Shut up ....... please :(, Jeff. :D

I have seen the way YOUR dog takes out the garbage. Hhhhmph!!! It would be helpful if the garbage STAYED in the garbage bin!! :)

ETA: Ok .... so who dobbed? I asked for Jeff not to be told. Staranais? :mad

Not me! Promise! :mad