Stupid Question About Meat

Guest Willow

Guest Willow

At the risk of sounding like a thicky....here goes....

One of my cats has diarrhoea....I'm going to give her cooked chicken & rice for a couple of days (and yes, if no improvement off to the vets) but what's the best way to cook the chicken in this case?

I have a couple of skinless chicken fillets I dug out of the freezer...(they belong to my OH, but I'm sure he won't mind the sacrifice!! :) )....

I was just going to go to Red Rooster & get a roast chook & pick the meat off, but since I have some at home, I may as well save some money & trip into town!!!

Put chicken in a saucepan and just cover it with water & boil for about 1/2hr on a very low heat.

Then pull it apart and put it back in the juices, add some white rice and cook it for about 10 minutes or until the rice is soft. :)

Put chicken in a saucepan and just cover it with water & boil for about 1/2hr on a very low heat.

Then pull it apart and put it back in the juices, add some white rice and cook it for about 10 minutes or until the rice is soft. :)

:laugh: You go to more trouble than I ever do, I just poach the chicken until cooked.

Willow, BBQ chook is perhaps a little too salty, I'd stick with boiled chook.

Hope it's not Jayco??!! Nah, he's a tough little blighter. :)

My little Maine Coon sometimes gets 'dire rear' but it's usually because I have given her something a little different to what she normally eats. You haven't fed anything different?

Guest Willow

:laugh: You go to more trouble than I ever do, I just poach the chicken until cooked.

Willow, BBQ chook is perhaps a little too salty, I'd stick with boiled chook.

Hope it's not Jayco??!! Nah, he's a tough little blighter. :)

My little Maine Coon sometimes gets 'dire rear' but it's usually because I have given her something a little different to what she normally eats. You haven't fed anything different?

Yah Arty, it's Jayco :) She's fine in herself though....still got a great appetite, and not dehydrated at all.....it might be the wormer I used a couple of days ago? I haven't changed anything else in her diet.

She'll think all her xmases have come at once getting chicken!!! I've already done the rice, so I'll just boil the chicken then & give that to her with the rice :(

I make doggy chicken rissoto for the dogs when they are sick and I am sure a cat would eat it as well.

Dice the chicken and bring to the boil in enough water to cover twice the amount of chicken. Add a little chicken stock powder for flavour and to give some salt which is needed to replace lost body salts. Add half to one cup of arborio or short grain rice and simmer stirring every few minutes until the consistency of porridge. For a cat I would probably go with just half a cup of rice as opposed to cup for a dog.

Feed slightly warm. :thumbsup:

My dogs loooove this.