Vet Medication Charges

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will you put some apricot jam on the toast?

For a fee.

What's your mark-up %??? price now.

Anyway ladies/guys, it has been great playing with you all, I have to go to bed with my disabled cockatiel, I need to get some sleep so I don't make any mistakes tomorrow with you know what. Cheers hope we meet again. :thumbsup:

What product do you sell?

He's into the repair/sale of clippers and other grooming equipment, from what I see.

I am having an identity crissis here. I've been a woman, a baker, a dog groomer,unable to afford my vet bills :thumbsup::provoke:

Then maybe you need to get some help? :laugh: :laugh: .

Poodle3081 : I am in the business of repairing clippers and dryers ...

"Human Clippers -vs- Dog Clippers" thread

Or does re-reading your own post help to remind you? :laugh:

Read the first page of this post

"When I informed her that the cost price of the medication was around $20 she was not happy. I have also worked in an equipment service industry and it was the practice to have a service charge and the parts cost was rounded up to the nearest dollar." Does this remind you? What has this got to do with this post???

You said you are having an identity crisis. I think erny was just trying help you remember who you said you were? :scold:

What's your mark-up %??? price now.

Well you didnt turn up for bread and jam at 5am so none. You ruined my profit margin for the morning, Man.

Poodie out of interest, what was the brand of eye ointment? I'm curious to ring up my vet this morning and ask how much he charges.

He's into the repair/sale of clippers and other grooming equipment, from what I see.

I am having an identity crissis here. I've been a woman, a baker, a dog groomer,unable to afford my vet bills :thumbsup::provoke:

Then maybe you need to get some help? :laugh: :laugh: .

"When I informed her that the cost price of the medication was around $20 she was not happy. I have also worked in an equipment service industry and it was the practice to have a service charge and the parts cost was rounded up to the nearest dollar." Does this remind you? What has this got to do with this post???

You said you are having an identity crisis. I think erny was just trying help you remember who you said you were? :scold:

No problem with that Penski but it is amusing to view this thread and see the conclusions people draw from little or NO information. It is also disappointing that many, not all, attack the person rather that the post topic. Every person that has put a case against Vet fees has been attacked personally. Read the posts re Mum and Emma, she has been attacked for working in Law firm. What has this got to do with post? What does the occupation of the Nicestman got to do with vet fees?

Then maybe you need to get some help? :laugh::scold: .

You said you are having an identity crisis. I think erny was just trying help you remember who you said you were? :eek:

No problem with that Penski but it is amusing to view this thread and see the conclusions people draw from little or NO information. It is also disappointing that many, not all, attack the person rather that the post topic. Every person that has put a case against Vet fees has been attacked personally. Read the posts re Mum and Emma, she has been attacked for working in Law firm. What has this got to do with post? What does the occupation of the Nicestman got to do with vet fees?

Thanks baker for sticking up for me, I am only just the nicestman that gives away everything to others. Even vets do well out of me. :D :D

They (vets) think life owes them something just because they do their stint in UNI. :laugh:

Not really all of them, some are very good (Eden/ Bungendore) and a couple out west/north, some haven't woke-up yet what life is all about.

Lets get back to the thread anyway.

I buy glides to use when sharpening blades from Taiwan for US$0.05 each FOB, I have to order 10.000pc to get that price, by the time they arrive here they cost me around AU$0.08 depends on the US$>AU$ at the time of payment plus freight. I fit one FREE to every time I sharpen a blade, if someone who is even not my customer needs glides, I stick half a dozen in a envelop, and post them FREE I even pay for the stamp, it is common decency.

This is where it changes between myself, and others.

A company in the ACT charges AU$3.00 plus GST for the same item(each). A very large mark-up %.

They buy theirs from a large pet product company in Sydney, so one of them is cheating on the prices, with a massive mark-up.

with a massive mark-up.

Good on them. They're running a business, not a charity. I'll just keep repeating this phrase. I'm seriously not understanding why some of you have a problem with good business practices.

with a massive mark-up.

Good on them. They're running a business, not a charity. I'll just keep repeating this phrase. I'm seriously not understanding why some of you have a problem with good business practices.

How'd the bread turn=out,I got the jam.

Two-shay,If thats is how you spell it ?????? :thumbsup:

:provoke::laugh::laugh: Or Two Chai as someone on here once wrote. You're good value, Man.

Poodie back to my question - what brand of eye ointment? I want to see if my vet has as high a mark up.

:provoke::laugh::laugh: Or Two Chai as someone on here once wrote. You're good value, Man.

Poodie back to my question - what brand of eye ointment? I want to see if my vet has as high a mark up.

I think all the vets on this thread are not guity of over charging, they are at home on their computers, it's the ones who are NOT on this thread that are on the Gold Coast/Hayman Island are resonsible for the over charging. It's obvious.

Is it the mark up or the 'dispensing fee' that is teh issue?

yes people have to mark up in order to stay in business but I have seen 'dispensing fees' sometimes as high as the cost of the medication itself which I find absolutely insane and prohibitive for some people

Raz it's in the thread. Read it again it makes good reading. I might use edited parts of it to do a thesis for a PhD

Aww c'mon dont be a spoilt sport. Yes it is a good read but not sure i can get through 25 pages again - I've run out of coffee.

Raz it's for your own good. I've had students like you; not only do they want you to spoon feed them but want you to chew it as well. :thumbsup: