Vet Medication Charges

Aww c'mon dont be a spoilt sport. Yes it is a good read but not sure i can get through 25 pages again - I've run out of coffee.

Raz it's for your own good. I've had students like you; not only do they want you to spoon feed them but want you to chew it as well. :mad

It looks like I will get the bread next time Raz is cooking. :(:laugh::rofl::(:rofl::):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyway Raz/Poodle I have to go to work, a truck load of work just turned up, I will stick my nose in later.Be kind to each other. :)

Seeing you're so anti-vets (think you used the words pet hate?), why do you try to get their business? To make money perhaps?

eta: and do you offer vets a discount?! What about your other clients? Surely that's not very fair to them!! So are you overcharging everyone else? Or undercharging vets?

My question was to you, nicestman77. Regarding your business. Do you offer discounts on your clipper blade sharpening services to vet clinics?

To whom was that comment directed at? :mad Poodle? Nicestman77?

Hi stormie I am glad you asked that question.

The answer is, in fact I do offer vets a very good discount, because their blades are normally only #40's which are smaller than other type of blades, and don't use as much wear on the sharpening plate as larger type blade do, I adjust it appropiatly, and the more blades you send the cheaper is the price per blade, vets usually send at least 6>15 blades each time.

You see I am the fly in the ointment jar in the sharpening industry, I was the second person in Australia that started clipper blade sharpening just behind Kramar back in the 1978, BBI Sydney came next, so did Charlie, the rest came after us many years later, my prices are the lowest around (1980 prices), other sharpeners charge anything from $10>$14 plus GST, $10 is a good price! my prices are below that, the reason my prices are lower is I sharpen with a fully automatic machine, and it is full proof, you only have to do it once, these days if you don't sharpen smarter it is time to get out of the industry, and they would dearlly love me to up my prices, so they can up their prices, but I won't, well, not yet.

I make them look like they are ripping you guys off, well infact they are not, it takes them a lot longer to sharpen your blades, and when they do that, they are wearing your blades out prematurely, by keep trying to get it right, they only work on a 75% success rate, I only take 000.2th of a " of each surface, and the blade is crisp/hollow ground, and will last for ages 100%.

The other sharpeners use machines I sold 20 years ago, and I won't use them again.

If you want advise about a sharpener ask them if the have a fully automatic machine first. There are not to many in Australia.

I also offer all my customers a similar same deal if they join my website, if they wish, that allows me the privilege to be able to send them a newsletter each month legally, and I pay for the privilege to do so.

Thank you for your kindness. :mad

Colin is well know in the industry and was a competitor of mine a few years ago. Although we have not met, Colin and his wife Jenny have a reputation for doing charitable work, and to this I commend them. I have heard stories of him sharpening blades and repairing clippers for needy customers at no charge. He's not rich from what he says, but I gather it is a life style he enjoys.

I fact my wife got a OAM for her effort.1996.

Poodle, we should have a 400% price rise on our sharpening for vets then watch them squeal.

Edited by nicestman77

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming they haven't all read this thread and know what you really think of them!

I go back a long way with heaps of vets, I have built more vets surgeries clients lists than you know,boy! have I ever.

They all nearlly turn-out the same,I think it is in the blood.I dont mind not doing vets blades they send them with puss/gunk all over them,I am a sharpener not a cleaner,vets should be ashamed,please dont use my services,maybe you had better buy your own sharpening machine, or go where you pay more so you will be able to justify your services prices. Boom Boom. :laugh:

assuming they haven't all read this thread and know what you really think of them!

I go back a long way with heaps of vets, I have built more vets surgeries clients lists than you know,boy! have I ever.

They all nearlly turn-out the same,I think it is in the blood.I dont mind not doing vets blades they send them with puss/gunk all over them,I am a sharpener not a cleaner,vets should be ashamed,please dont use my services,maybe you had better buy your own sharpening machine, or go where you pay more so you will be able to justify your services prices. Boom Boom. :laugh:

This is what I mean... if that's how you really feel about vets, then why do you want their business and encourage it with a discount?

People who complain about vet prices should stop wasting time and go and get pet insurance... If you really love your pets and worry so much about fees, then there is no excuse. You probably have car, health, life, house, travel etc insurance...... so why not pet insurance???????????????

Does anyone think it might be time to agree to disagree ?

There are absolutely some very valid arguments contained in this thread - I have read the entire thing and it's certainly opinion-provoking, and an important discussion to have ..... but feels like at this point it really is going nowhere except causing angst, anger, frustration and all sorts of emotions that really get us nowhere and achieve nothing.

I am relatively new to DOL but the overwhelming message I have sensed by being here is a collective motivation for the care, breeding and love of dogs and animals, if dogs could talk they'd be having a good old laugh at us silly humans.

This is what I mean... if that's how you really feel about vets, then why do you want their business and encourage it with a discount?

I suppose Stormie it is the same with Vets and clients. Many posts from vets/vet nurses complain about clients, but what do you do? Only work for the clients you like. Probably not a good business model. Most people complain about banks but we all use them.

Edited by poodle3081

It just went up, http://veterinariandiscountsharpening.webs.com/ next time you go to a seminar(Lyypards) don't forget to tell all your kind not to come to me please, it will be a pleasure.

You just made sharpening dearer for vets at least at my place, and if i have any complaints about the price rise I will direct them to you..

it was a genuine question, but fair enough!

They all nearlly turn-out the same,I think it is in the blood.I dont mind not doing vets blades they send them with puss/gunk all over them,I am a sharpener not a cleaner,vets should be ashamed,please dont use my services,maybe you had better buy your own sharpening machine, or go where you pay more so you will be able to justify your services prices. Boom Boom. :(

I suppose Stormie it is the same with Vets and clients. Many posts from vets/vet nurses complain about clients, but what do you do? Only work for the clients you like. Probably not a good business model. Most people complain about banks but we all use them.

I said that along time ago, but some educated people don't know when to give-in, I would hate to be married to them. Would be along night. :laugh:

Of course. We have some difficult clients but I think 90% of them are great. I get that vets need nicestman's services and I'm sure he gives them the same service as his other clients, despite his opinion of vets. My question to him was based on what I have highlighted, and a genuine question if he doesn't like vets as much as he's said, then why does he go out of his way to offer them a discount? I'm not having a go, I'm asking a genuine question.

Does anyone think it might be time to agree to disagree ?

There are absolutely some very valid arguments contained in this thread - I have read the entire thing and it's certainly opinion-provoking, and an important discussion to have ..... but feels like at this point it really is going nowhere except causing angst, anger, frustration and all sorts of emotions that really get us nowhere and achieve nothing.

I am relatively new to DOL but the overwhelming message I have sensed by being here is a collective motivation for the care, breeding and love of dogs and animals, if dogs could talk they'd be having a good old laugh at us silly humans.

Well said Tornsocks. The one thing I have got out of this post is the opinion that those who cannot afford the Vet fees should not own a pet. This is disturbing in that do we as a society deprive the elderly and the disable people the right to own a pet? I think it is a sad day when only the wealthy can own a pet. Insurance is probably not an option as most people on benefits are close the bread line. Maybe a scheme to sponsor a pet for this section of the community, it could be done with the assistance of the Vet community, breeders and the general community.

Of course. We have some difficult clients but I think 90% of them are great. I get that vets need nicestman's services and I'm sure he gives them the same service as his other clients, despite his opinion of vets. My question to him was based on what I have highlighted, and a genuine question if he doesn't like vets as much as he's said, then why does he go out of his way to offer them a discount? I'm not having a go, I'm asking a genuine question.

It wasn't a genuine question, it was stuppid question,I am the sort of guy I give everything to anyone,but now if it has vet on the end of the title things have changed,vets are so hard to deal with, very hard to get paid, and they want it cheap. I never change my mind. The free ride is over.

It wasn't a genuine question, it was stupid question,I am the sort of guy I give everything to anyone,but now if it has vet on the end of the title things have changed,vets are so hard to deal with, very hard to get paid, and they want it cheap. I never change my mind. The free ride is over.

Well said Tornsocks. The one thing I have got out of this post is the opinion that those who cannot afford the Vet fees should not own a pet. This is disturbing in that do we as a society deprive the elderly and the disable people the right to own a pet? I think it is a sad day when only the wealthy can own a pet. Insurance is probably not an option as most people on benefits are close the bread line. Maybe a scheme to sponsor a pet for this section of the community, it could be done with the assistance of the Vet community, breeders and the general community.

That's not the sense I got but there you go. I think your reply to my two-cents-worth post - and a good way to end this thread - would have been best left at your first three words (well, first two words would have been fine as well).

Edited by mrs tornsocks

so 'nicesteman', based on people who work in the vet industry defending themselves from the attacks in this thread, you are going to raise your prices ?

'interesting' business practices !!!

fifi

so 'nicesteman', based on people who work in the vet industry defending themselves from the attacks in this thread, you are going to raise your prices ?

'interesting' business practices !!!

fifi

I just did, thanks to one of them. A long time coming, since 1980.

Edited by nicestman77

Well, I can only hope woolies doesn't put up their prices 'cause I had the poops with standing in line at the checkout when I was tired the other day !!!

fifi

Animal Clipper Blade Sharpening has not had a price rise since 1980, Other prices always go up, never down, I think it is time to change that. In fact our prices have been going down to help others in the worlds financial problems, I think it is time to think of ourselves now. :happydance:

Edited by nicestman77