Meeting A Breeder- Gilbert Is Home!

Cosmolo

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cosmolo I have been following your search for your next dog :) I love JRTs! I owned three BYB JRTs (before I knew any better) and also a JRT cross who is my namesake :) Daisy still lives with my ex-husband, she is about 9 years old now, and I get to have cuddles now and again. They are going on holidays in October and I have been asked to dog-sit for the week :D I know lots of people think that JRTs are total ratbags, but I really love their temperament. Can't wait to see puppy photos, I loved the photos you linked to, now you've got me wanting one again :shrug:

Where did you get that Cynthia? i ahve a different one but it ruins some of my clothes.

Cosmolo, please excuse my lack of response. I didn't see this. I got it from Bunnings, but they had to order it in for me and I had to buy a box of 6 - lol. I have given one away and I have one in my car and one in the lounge for the couch. It isn't really meant for clothese, but I use it. You would need to be careful with delicate fabrics and knits though.

I don't know how you can manage the months of waiting for your special pup, but I guess if you want the lineage, you will have to have super dooper patience :) ;) .

Was just wondering if you happen to know the product code?? :rofl:

Cosmolo, Relax already!!!

When I have prospective puppy buyers in my home to meet the dogs and ourselves, I have already ALMOST decided that I would sell them a pup, from letters, emails, phone conversations etc. The meet & greet is just to confirm my decision. The breeder should know enough about you already by this stage.

We just hang around having a cuppa and talk dogs for a while before I even bring any dogs into the house for them to meet.

Only once have I changed my mind about some body having a pup and that was with a very recent litter.

The couple arrived dressed in their Sunday best - tweed jacket and slacks, enough jewellery to buy the whole litter etc.

I assumed they were just trying to make a good impression.

Then, when I let in a bunch of rowdy dogs, my opinion changed.

The woman screamed as the pups mother jumped up for pats, and the man backed into a corner away from the ruccuous!

They then spent the next 10 minutes trying to remove some dog hair from her jacket while I am giving them the run-down on my dogs and never heard a word I said! They did not even pat the dogs, nor ask which one was 'Mum' etc.

My sixteen month-old daughter can handle the dogs when they're carrying on like that!

Needless to say, I never even showed them the pups...

I dont think YOU have anything to worry about Cosmolo! :thumbsup: Best of luck with your new Jack!

Had to laugh at this. When sister was being "vetted" for suitability for the first of her current rotties, she went to visit the home of the sire. The breeder (and dam) were in NSW, and she was going to see them too, but the sire was in VIC and she was invited to see him and some of his progeny at the sire's owner's home. Sister got there and was immediately swamped by several rotties, including one lovely bitch who climbed up into her lap, much to her delight! Sis was OKd for a puppy, and found out later that if she'd not liked the lap excursion, the sire's owner would have suggested she wasn't suitable. Everything worked out fabulously, and she now also owns a later born sister to the original.

Where did you get that Cynthia? i ahve a different one but it ruins some of my clothes.

Cosmolo, please excuse my lack of response. I didn't see this. I got it from Bunnings, but they had to order it in for me and I had to buy a box of 6 - lol. I have given one away and I have one in my car and one in the lounge for the couch. It isn't really meant for clothese, but I use it. You would need to be careful with delicate fabrics and knits though.

I don't know how you can manage the months of waiting for your special pup, but I guess if you want the lineage, you will have to have super dooper patience :thumbsup::laugh: .

Was just wondering if you happen to know the product code?? :wave:

http://www.decor.com.au/usage/viewproducts.aspx?id=2123

The Brush is code 164000. But where are you? If you are near me, I have some spares - LOL

Thanks Guys- Clover, i have always looked at your signature with a little hint of jealousy as your JRT is just so gorgeous! Looking forward to having one of my own!

Thanks Cosmolo, he is a gorgeous little man, very sweet natured. Although full Terrier kicked in tonight when the sun went down and he was pulling light a steam train trying to get away to hunt on our walk :confused:. They are quite addictive be warned ;).

Polly and Don have gorgeous 'kids' for sure :).

• 1 month later...

The latest update-

Unfortunately the mating planned was not successful :hug: I was so excited when the bitch came into season and think i got my hopes up a little bit too early.

So now i am faced with a choice- the breeders male dog has just mated successfully with an outside bitch who is expecting pups in late December. If there is a pup available and if the breeder deemed us suitable- we could go that way.

Or should i look at current puppy listings? I don't think i really want to but i also don't know how long to wait- especially as we may wait another 6 months (which would be fine) but with everything that can go wrong, not eventuate etc between the plan for a litter and an actual litter ready to leave- i am not sure.

What do you think?

I am tempted to at least wait until December and see if its possible to get a pup from the litter the breeder has mentioned to me and then if that is not successful, start looking elsewhere. :cry:

How very disappointing.

It is easy to give advice when you aren't emotionally involved :D , but for what it is worth my feelings are to go with the suggested December pups. If none available start looking elsewhere and all the time hoping you don't find one (LOL) and end up with a pup from the original pair's later mating. How's that for sitting on the fence :( .