Worms In Cats And Dogs Are They The Same

Hi,

Ok this might be a dumb question but... are the worms that dogs get the same ones cats get. Just wondering as mine are almost due for worming everyone gets done on the same day so was looking at what to get for the cats I know this is a dog forum but what do people worm their cats with last time we had to get tiny 1 kg tablets and my cat is a tad overweight so had to have 7 (yes i know don't do the maths) it was a night mare so wondering if there was an easier way dogs teeth aint as sharp as cats plus my dogs mouths are bigger easier to get those tablets in. Not lloking forward to worming the cat again

I use a spot on for the cats, but i cant remember what it is called! I used the last of it last week and threw the package away and my new stuff isnt in yet :rofl:

I cant give one of mine tablets, so if i didnt have a spot on, she wouldnt be done!

Lots and lots of options :rofl:

The main choice is between topspots, tablets and pastes.

Bayer makes a topspot wormer called Profender. It doesn't treat for fleas or any other parasites, but it is the only topspot product that will cover tapeworm and it goes up to 8kg. Revolution and Advocate do not cover tapeworm, so an additional tapeworming tablet is required every 3 months.

As for tablets, there are many options. Make sure you pick an all wormer that includes tapeworm. I find a lot of people like Milbemax because the tablets are quite small (1/2 a tiny tablet for <4kg cat, 1 tablet for up to 8kg).

I really only find the pastes useful for kittens, they usually don't have a full spectrum of activity.

I think i might try the topspot profender is that a vet line or can you get it at say Petbarn.

Thanks for the suggestions failing that think i'll invest in a pill popper those teeth are really sharp and the mouth is so little so hard to keep your fingers out of harms way