Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Troy

I was actually think of you and Renae, Jules when I posted that.

I admit i give Renae some raw carrot every so often (separate to the vege mixes I make up in the food processor for their meals rations) only because she cant have bones anymore but she seems to cope with some carrot (not a whole one) and it gives her a treat to chew on (under supervision) Shes been fine with her digestion ;)

My breeder who is also a Vet gives any dog at her place RAW as you described with pulped vegies. She hands out carrots, brocoli stalks as treats in lieu of commerically made dog ones.

Works great.

:D

:)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ashka12yearsoldcopy-1.jpg

Orijen fed here, Grain Free, made in Canada.

7 years travelling around NZ in a Motorhome made raw pretty well impossible. Small fridge & off grid.:)

My old boy is still trucking on, slowly at times but still likes chasing and killing a small red laser light. 8.4 kg and still trots in a dead straight line.

Took a quick photo today as he will be 12 years old tomorrow. Going to miss him so much when his time comes.

Owned, worked & shown many breeds over the last fifty years but this little man has to be one of the best..

Happy birthday Ashka!! I have always loved this boy, and he is still beautiful - he has the most glorious eyes. May he have many more birthdays in good health.

When you cook meat, the cooking destroys an enzyme dogs need to digest meat, so they don't digest it as well when it is cooked.

Dr. Larry Glickmann at Purdue (USA) has shown that feeding raw meat strengthens the heart muscle in Cavaliers; thus assisting with MVD, or slowing it - or preventing it.

Agree 100% with what cavNrott said re feeding veges. Veges are an important part of the diet, as they contain vitamins and minerals, and by adding them to the raw diet, the dog is getting a broad range of things he needs. Beans for example, are rich in sulfur and copper; spinach is rich in vit E; dark green leafy vegetables are rich in folic acid. Every vegetable/fruit contributes something to the diet.

Edited by Jed

Ashka12yearsoldcopy-1.jpg

Orijen fed here, Grain Free, made in Canada.

7 years travelling around NZ in a Motorhome made raw pretty well impossible. Small fridge & off grid.:)

My old boy is still trucking on, slowly at times but still likes chasing and killing a small red laser light. 8.4 kg and still trots in a dead straight line.

Took a quick photo today as he will be 12 years old tomorrow. Going to miss him so much when his time comes.

Owned, worked & shown many breeds over the last fifty years but this little man has to be one of the best..

Holy Cr*p!!!! He is never 12 years old... truly???? What a prime example Ashka is.

He is one of the best CKCS I have seen for a long long time. Those eyes :heart:

Dear Boy, have a wonderfully happy day and many many more to come. :love:

:birthday::flower::birthday:

Smoochies & tummy tickles to you. :heart:

PS..... just looked at some old photos. I saw his son at the Queensland Cavalier Club Speciality Show back in 2012.

ANother a stunner.

:heart:

There are a few around ;)

BISS AUST SUP CH Redcrest Royal Treasure (Imp NZ). Hilton is one of his sons too.

PS..... just looked at some old photos. I saw his son at the Queensland Cavalier Club Speciality Show back in 2012.

ANother a stunner.

There are a few around ;)

BISS AUST SUP CH Redcrest Royal Treasure (Imp NZ). Hilton is one of his sons too.

Shall check my notes now.

Did the Birthday boy have a fabulous day?

ANother a stunner.

What's the name of his son please?

I know of these offspring, Jed.

Aust CH Redcrest Royal Trinket (Imp NZ), a beauitful gal with a call name Paris

BISS AUST SUP CH Redcrest Royal Treasure (Imp NZ), dashing boy called Hilton.

Kevin & Margaret Munro of Chevaloe (NSW) are the owners.

Their dam is NZ Ch Redcrest Silver Sequin

waffling, sorry.

• 10 months later...

hello there!! we are looking to add a dog to our family and have finally decided on a cavalier king charles (after much research)!! we are in victoria and i'm interested to know any breeder recommendations please, plus any advice, tips, anything, the good, the bad, the ugly. thank you so much xo

Hi Dappledgrey

Have you looked at the breeders section on the dol website? I think there are a few breeders in Victoria?

The good? Everthing. They worm their way into your heart & you'll wonder how you ever lived without one :)

The bad? They are addictive!! :laugh: :laugh: One is never enough!

Oh & the fur... they drop ALOT of fur. A good vacuum is a necessity!

hello there!! we are looking to add a dog to our family and have finally decided on a cavalier king charles (after much research)!! we are in victoria and i'm interested to know any breeder recommendations please, plus any advice, tips, anything, the good, the bad, the ugly. thank you so much xo

Hi Dappledgrey!

I have 3 cavaliers, one foster and my sister pup in the house at the moment- 5 cavs!

I suggest popping into the cavalier thread too for a chat :)

It is visited more frequently.

http://www.dolforums...nd-chat-thread/

The good: They are adorable, have excellent personalities, so loving and can be anything you want them to be!

They are happy to go bushwalking or jogging one day and laze on the couch the next. SO versatile.

I love that about them :) I do agility, flyball and dock diving between my three. Henry just couch surfs haha

I personally dont find mine shed that much at all to be honest.

My cats are SO much worse. Add in some good oils to their diet and it decreases dramatically, plus a brush once a week and you're good to go.

I also clip mine in summer, but that may not be necessary in VIC. Its the humidity here that gets to them.

Deniki is a bit of a barker, but the other two are not at all, and Deniki will stop if you tell him to get inside.

Id prefer he didn't bark- but at least he stops!

Kokoda can be a bit iffy off leash if he sees something he wants to chase.

While my others are totally reliable. So it really comes down to the dog you get, they are all similar yet so different :)

Happy to answer any questions you have!

Edited by denali