Sign in to follow this  
Ashanali

July Photography Challenge

482 posts in this topic

tlc   

This challenge sounds very interesting, great shots so far PB and Roc, Im gona try some stuff with the dogs, not sure how it will pan out, but it will be a welcome distraction atm. Looking forward to seeing everyones shots. Is the challenge meant to be a pic a day or just post a pic when ever??

TerraNik   
This challenge sounds very interesting, great shots so far PB and Roc, Im gona try some stuff with the dogs, not sure how it will pan out, but it will be a welcome distraction atm. Looking forward to seeing everyones shots. Is the challenge meant to be a pic a day or just post a pic when ever??

I always thought they were a pic whenever except for the pic a day challenge. I am only doing a pic a day because of my Project 365 and I'm trying to do mini-challenges in it where I do a whole month of something.

love yours rocco, and pblab :thumbsup:

At first I was thinking that I wasn't going to do this - too hard, but after 1/2 hour I can see how it could become addictive :laugh:

Chess last night ... and yes most came out with a bit of blur, this isn't bad for 8 secs. I even got some drool out of him as I rewarded a couple of tries for being still - I think he's learning the sound the camera makes when it's on timer ...

3677090606_b608ccb314.jpg

:rofl:

Ashanali   

It's certainly addictive CM. You get that "ah crap!" frustration when you look at the back of the camera and it hasn't worked but then as you change settings and the results keep getting better and better you get more excited. :thumbsup:

Good work! Keep going!

(I am waiting to see who is the first with a bowl of fruit. :laugh: )

(I am waiting to see who is the first with a bowl of fruit. :laugh: )

Aww I took some pumpkin pictures back when I first got my camera.

I'll have to try to find the "Still life with Pumpkins" later tonight. :thumbsup:

TerraNik   

Well my fruit and vege box gets delivered today... so I might have to try that! :thumbsup:

Wow.

Great efforts!!

I'm off to study my camera manual, I still haven't figured out the controls. :thumbsup:

Edited because I can't spell either.

Edited by Cazablanca

Instead of light coming down on top, i had it coming behind (is this ok/right for our topic?)

I couldn't decided which of these three i like the best. Straight off the camera, (dont know how to edit photos anyway)

SUC51132.jpg

SUC51131.jpg

SUC51133.jpg

Ashanali   

Yes, you have the right idea. It's all about exploring light and using it in an artistic way :thumbsup:

I'm so in love with Rocco :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Dalmatian (sorry forgot your ID) looks great!

Love that last one of yours Wildheart :(

Nice shot of that man too(pointee)!!

I love the idea of this challenge. :thumbsup: I did some painting lastnight. First time even attempting a long exposure, so I hope to improve on this. Roc snuggled in his blankie. Got a slight blur on his right eye from blinking, but I guess you cant help that too much.

3675279736_c09af95636.jpg

This looks unreal Rocco! I just had a look at your flickr site and I am in awe. Hard to comment on all but I really love the photos of you and Rocco. Beautiful shots (I particulary liked the horse/dog one!)

Piri   

hi,im new here and thought this would be fun and I might actually learn a thing or 2.

Here are my first attempts,taken with a pocket camera panasonic lumix on starry night setting a 15 sec exp

Im surprised at the result.

3677085045_f8b8493a06.jpg?v=0

3677084599_fa53ca014f.jpg?v=0

Ashanali   

Great results vizsla :thumbsup: Welcome to the challenge!

Piri   
Great results vizsla :laugh: Welcome to the challenge!

thanks ,no luck keeping piri still enough :rofl:

Jessca   

My first, and failed attempt. as i just learned that i do not own a torch or lamp :rofl::laugh:

So i think i may try an experiment with candles tomorrow night........

post-22220-1246433769_thumb.jpg

post-22220-1246433798_thumb.jpg