July Photography Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*sigh* I think I'm out of the challenge for this month. Because I'm on crutches I'm not maneuverable enough to a) bend down to focus the camera, b) move fast so I can get the light where I want it to be and c) not able to carry a camera bag, tripod and use my crutches at the same time.

Damnit!!

*sigh* I think I'm out of the challenge for this month. Because I'm on crutches I'm not maneuverable enough to a) bend down to focus the camera, b) move fast so I can get the light where I want it to be and c) not able to carry a camera bag, tripod and use my crutches at the same time.

Damnit!!

Sorry to hear your on crutches, hope it is not to serious!! Ill miss your pics they always entertain me, your shots are awesome, hope youll be back in action soon!!

Sorry to hear your on crutches, hope it is not to serious!! Ill miss your pics they always entertain me, your shots are awesome, hope youll be back in action soon!!

Thanks - I dislocated my knee on friday and I have no idea who long it'll take to heal. A lot of my problem now is that it's so swollen I can't bend it. I have a feeling i'd be back a lot faster if i could actually move it around!

That sucks, Shell!

My first attempt at a light orb! I wanted to do this a couple of days ago but I've been sick. Feeling better tonight! :o

3720381934_72b502cb2b.jpg

That is spikin awesome, how did you do it, Id love to have a go!!

That sucks, Shell!

My first attempt at a light orb! I wanted to do this a couple of days ago but I've been sick. Feeling better tonight! :D

3720381934_72b502cb2b.jpg

That is spikin awesome, how did you do it, Id love to have a go!!

Cool - would like to have a go to but I wouold probably end up with 1 line and half :o:(

I set my tripod and camera up pointing to an area in my yard, focused the camera at a certain point that I knew I would be standing. Turned off all the lights around the house so it was pitch black. The camera was set to 30 second exposure. I ran out to the spot I had marked, crouched down and then holding my mag light forward towards the camera, swung my arm at full length, from above my head to the ground, up and down, moving from my side to my centre, swapped hands and kept going...

Then in lightroom I changed the colour of the light. ;)

I cannot tell you the pains I went through to achieve this very still picture of my very active pointer laying still for a 20 second exposure.

It was dark and cold and late at night (past 1.30) before this dog was so tired that he would accept me sitting there with a camera in front of his crate with the door open.

Ahhh... but look at my boy. He is so handsome it breaks my heart. :laugh:

3726368596_1745074662.jpg

Terra - Wow the sparkler orb is fantastic! Well done!

Pointee - Great shot of the pointee :laugh: It has a lovely warmth about it.

CM - Very cute. I love how it looks like he is saying peek-a-boo :eek: