July Photography Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first, and failed attempt. as i just learned that i do not own a torch or lamp :rofl::laugh:

So i think i may try an experiment with candles tomorrow night........

post-22220-1246433769_thumb.jpg

post-22220-1246433798_thumb.jpg

Its why I used the afternoon light coming through a dark bedroom to take mine :thumbsup:

That looks great vizsla!! Love it!!!!!

I just had a blonde moment - I had never thought of taking photos of my instruments...!!!! :laugh: All these times that I have been wanting a new subject - they have been sitting there all along!!!!!!! I am soooo st00pid!

Great shots everyone, Vizsla 01, your are awesome so clear, What sort of pana is your camera. I have a Nikon D80 now but started with a pana fz20 then the fz 50 which I have still got they are awesome cameras!! You have given me a great idea with the car shots, thanks for that!!

Some of mine for tonight, not to bad for a first go at something still with a long exposure, I thought it would be easier but it wasn't. I used the camera on Shutter priority and the iso was 200 and i used a 5 sec exposure, for every shot. The room was dark so the only light source was a torch

DSC_0032-2.jpg

DSC_0035-2.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

DSC_0044-3.jpg

Edited by tlc

Wow, this is hard.

Yours are awesome, Vizsla! Hard to believe we have the same camera :laugh: I can't seem to get that softness...

This one was just using natural light this morning:

copyofp10204311246441411.JPG

And these two were in the dark with a torch:

p10204571246441495.JPG

copyofp10204441246441538.JPG

Great shots everyone, Vizsla 01, your are awesome so clear, What sort of pana is your camera. I have a Nikon D80 now but started with a pana fz20 then the fz 50 which I have still got they are awesome cameras!! You have given me a great idea with the car shots, thanks for that!!

The camera im using is a panasonic lumix DMZ TZ2.Its a top little camera im very happy with it.ive been setting it on a 15 sec shutter speed and the torch im using is only a small one,which im finding gives some nice effects.ive been thinking of getting a real camera for some time as the panasonic while ok for stills is pretty useless for action shots. :laugh:

This looks unreal Rocco! I just had a look at your flickr site and I am in awe. Hard to comment on all but I really love the photos of you and Rocco. Beautiful shots (I particulary liked the horse/dog one!)

Thanks B&C. I am really looking forward to seeing what people come up with this month. Everyone has started off so well.

I particulary liked the horse/dog one!

Me too :rofl:

:laugh:**sheepishly she leaves the thread now**

Huga, top shot of your little pug, he looks so snug!! Ha a snug pug...LOL where did you get his little jacket form it looks so nice, did you make it??

V01, I totally agree with the pana being an excellent camera but you are so right about the action shots, just not quite fast enough, do you have a type of slr in mind??

Cat lovely shot, is the pup yours, he/she very cute!!

Vizsla, tlc and Cat - you've got the hang of it already. Now to refine it! :laugh:

Huga - I think I need to get my old pentax back from Blab and send it your way so you can play around and have some fun. :rofl: I like your morning shot of Lola.

Huga, top shot of your little pug, he looks so snug!! Ha a snug pug...LOL where did you get his little jacket form it looks so nice, did you make it??

Thanks. Ignore all the hair :rofl: And yep, I made that coat :thumbsup:

Vizsla, tlc and Cat - you've got the hang of it already. Now to refine it! :thumbsup:

Huga - I think I need to get my old pentax back from Blab and send it your way so you can play around and have some fun. :confused: I like your morning shot of Lola.

Awww, that would be great! It's ok though, because I know what the next step will be after I have a play with it :laugh:

Ok, I have a question. When 'painting' with the light, is everyone going backwards and forwards over particular spots, or are you just going over it once?

I think it depends what sort of light source you use. With the ones i took, I just hovered the torch (big jim) for a sec then that was it. The ones that I went back and forth with were too blown out and over exposed. I am really looking forward to having a good go and getting a few different results. Im loving everyoens pics so far!!