Supercoat Puppy Vs Bonnie Puppy

If I only had the choice between the two... I will go bonnie..

Would not touch Supercoat with a ten foot pole.

Same reasons as others have said. I have seen it act similar to red cordial with children. They bounce off the walls for 10 minutes then fall flat.

Its crap and heaps is spent on marketing and packaging to dress it up like lamb instead of the mutton it is

Hi.. I used Bonnie and my girl got a bad coat, and started becoming very itchy. She just chewed at her coat until there were patches missing... She's on Spuercoat and Pal (swap the foods over everytime I need to buy new food) and she looks great! She has so much life in her, her coat is beautiful, white and soft, etc. :o

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com

Go and have a read of dogfoodanalysis

Supercoat is very bad, if you love you dog spend the money and get Artemis www.artemispetfood.com.au, next one down is Eagle pack

Artemis is full of meat product with little to no fillers, very good for dogs. Probably the best quality Dry dog food you can get.

Be careful with dog buscuits, do your research. For example advance contains chemicals which are banned in human food because they cause cancer - well you don't want to be feeding that to your dog.

I wouldn't touch either.

Both my adult dogs get Artemis Maximal Grain Free - Darcy isn't allowed grain and I refuse to buy 3 different types of food so Top gets what Doog gets.

My pup came to me on Advance but it mucked up her growth as it had too high of a protein content. I moved her on to Artemis but she didn't react well to the lack of beet pulp in the diet. I've now got her on Nutro Puppy and while she is doing well I have a niggling feeling about it because I'm not sure if the pre-mix comes from the US or not. Final stop is Eagle Pack.

Why not try one, give it about 6 weeks and see how it agrees with your pup?

Suggest transitioning gradually- mix new food with the old food, gradually increasing the new food.

Helps minimise upset stomachs.

Whatever works for your pup is good.

I feed my dogs some raw bones and chicken/ turkey necks (all cheap).

Not everyone can afford expensive dry foods and I question how fabulous something that stays "fresh" for months really is.

One of my dogs can eat any food without any obvious problems, but the other will have sloppy poos on the wrong type of food.

Both poodles, different sizes and it's the bigger dog that's more sensitive. Go figure.

Does anyone know the price comparison between Supercoat & Bonnie?

I wouldn't use either but... I'm interested in the manufacturers response saying Bonnie is better than Supercoat when I would have thought it the other way round.

Edited by Chocolate

Supercoat is very bad, if you love you dog spend the money and get Artemis www.artemispetfood.com.au, next one down is Eagle pack

Artemis is full of meat product with little to no fillers, very good for dogs. Probably the best quality Dry dog food you can get.

Be careful with dog buscuits, do your research. For example advance contains chemicals which are banned in human food because they cause cancer - well you don't want to be feeding that to your dog.

I love my dogs and I don't feed Artemis :cry:

Me too! :kissbetter:

And OMG..... :love: I don't feed premium foods or even semi-premium foods either! :D

Me too! :o

And OMG..... :cheer: I don't feed premium foods or even semi-premium foods either! :cheer:

So, what do you feed?

Edited by luvsdogs

Me too! :o

And OMG..... :cheer: I don't feed premium foods or even semi-premium foods either! :cheer:

So, what do you feed?

Usually Uncle Albers or Great Barko. If I can't get that for some reason, then I feed either Woofbix, You'll Love Coles Chicken and Rice or Woolworths Select Chicken and Rice. I also feed fresh meat, bones and vegetables and table scraps.

Editing to add: The best food for your dog isn't the most expensive, or the most prestigious label, it is the one it does best on. There are WAY too many food nazis around!

Edited by ellz

• 11 years later...

I've used Bonnie working dog and adult mix, both together for a few years now mixed together. I also mix in some grain free given the chance. If I don't mix the grain free with the Bonnie the grain free will just sit there. Both dogs seem to love Bonnie and have had a lot of healthy pup's feeding them both Bonnie. Having said this I also feed dog's with a healthy diet of wet food daily also. No problems with stools or urination. To be honest I think that grain free food on it's own is bad for your dog's as the fillers in the Bonnie acts as a sort of buffer against sloppy stools. I think of grain free as a sort of multi-vitimun, only to be added in small amounts. 

On 07/07/2009 at 12:22 PM, ButerflyGirl said:

Well I got an email back from Purina and this is what they said:

They also sent me the ingredients of both

Now from what I have been able to work out, cereals and cereal by products are simply used as a filler, so seeing that the bonnie has this as the main ingredient, I am a bit confused as to why that one would be better than the suppercoat which has meat as the main ingredient. I'm not trying to be argumentative here just trying to learn as much as I can about this sort of thing.

Carbs aren't just a filler.  Dogs have enzymes to break down carbs.  If you read very old dog books, bread and milk were commonly used to feed weanling puppies.  I'm not saying you should feed hi carb diets to pups...but there's a lot of stuff written about dog diets that has a weak scientific basis, and a lot of pressure to feed expensive products.

• Like 2