What Exactly Is A Raw Diet?

u should edit your post to labrador x poodle before you get flamed

ETA: do a search on Raw and you will find everything your after :thumbsup:

thanks I tried that but didn't have much luck, must be that I can't use the search engine!!!

Hi Snuffysmum... A raw diet is simply a diet consisting entirely of raw food. The two main types of raw diets people follow are the prey model diet, and the BARF diet.

I feed a raw diet, based mostly on the prey model diet. For breakfast Orbit gets mince, and for dinner he gets raw meaty bones, like roo tails, turkey necks or lamb flaps. I also give him offal on the weekends, such as liver, kidneys and tripe, along with hearts and some raw eggs. He gets left over vegetables occasionally (when I dont feel like eating mine :thumbsup: ) and also eats bits of fruit here and there.

I switched to raw not only because I felt it was a more natural diet and thus a bit better for him, but also because he has allergies to certain foods, so this way I know exactly what he's eating and can help control his allergies.

Hi Snuffysmum... A raw diet is simply a diet consisting entirely of raw food. The two main types of raw diets people follow are the prey model diet, and the BARF diet.

I feed a raw diet, based mostly on the prey model diet. For breakfast Orbit gets mince, and for dinner he gets raw meaty bones, like roo tails, turkey necks or lamb flaps. I also give him offal on the weekends, such as liver, kidneys and tripe, along with hearts and some raw eggs. He gets left over vegetables occasionally (when I dont feel like eating mine :thumbsup: ) and also eats bits of fruit here and there.

I switched to raw not only because I felt it was a more natural diet and thus a bit better for him, but also because he has allergies to certain foods, so this way I know exactly what he's eating and can help control his allergies.

thanks Stormie! I am going to look into it further and give it a go. I do give the girls chicken wings, necks and tuna, sardines when I remember, as well as kibble but I thought it might mean less poo in the yard if I chose raw food only.