Pup Throwing Up

Ben62w

Hi all,

Bailey has now thrown up twice since weve had her. The first time was on Wed i think? But she had just eaten, Then played around and threw up some clear stuff and grass.

Today she ate like normal for breaky. (we havnt changed her diet or anything, She is still on what the breeder fed her. Purina DR harrys puppy supercoat) Didnt eat much for Lunch. She went for a 2 hour drive with us and enjoyed it, Seemed happy at the time. Got home and she played with her kong for a bit which has peanut butter in it and a peice of chicken... She came inside before and just went BLAAAAAA all over the carpet? Was just clear brown stuff and again sum grass..

Took her over to her bowl and she ate HEAPS of food. She normally leaves some but she ate it all and even licked the bowl.

Should we be worried or is it quite normal for them to just sometimes have a spill? She again has been running around tonight.

Ben

Puppies are chuckers. Its very natural for pups and kittens to throw up more than what you would expect compared to humans young 'ens.

Unless its repeated regularly, she is off her food or pup looks flat or distressed I wouldn't worry too much. It could also be the combination of the long drive and then eating, but given she was fine on the trip its unlikely to be motion sickness.

My girl chucked up this morning after an anti nausea tablet and ginger tablet. (Motion sickness prevention as she gets very car sick). Shortly afterwards she threw up the ginger tablets only - go figure. Its the second time she has thrown up ginger tablets, which are supposed to be tummy calming and I just think they mess with her tummy a bit too much.

One thing I try to avoid is too much vigorous exercise after eating, imagine how you would feel going for a run after a big meal. Other than that, good luck, but sounds like she's a normal little pup.

Hi,

I am having the same issue but sometimes dogs/puppies just throw up..

Sometimes it can be yellow bile or dinner and sometimes she eats it again but if the vomiting continues or shows any signs of blood, worms or has the runs too its time to visit the vet. Never let a pup play or run 30-60 minutes after of before eating a meal, or you risk bloat/stomach torsion...

Its hard to know when its a once off vomit or if the dog is truly unwell from something worse but if your ever unsure go to the vets, best to be sure..

My dog has a sensitive stomach and whenver she is sick she is on rice and chicken until she seems normal again.

Zoe throws up every now and then but if she seems happy and lively I will not get her checked out.. unless it happens more than once and she seems off colour, weak or isnt her bubbly self I will get her looked at.. If she refuses to eat boiled chicken then we know she is feeling unwell :laugh:

Hope that helps...

Chloe used to throw up clear bile quite often when she was a puppy. It was usually something along the lines of drinking too much water too quickly after going for a run - then it would just come back up!

Don't stress over it, it's quite normal, and as long as they're still eating their food and drinking water they'll be fine.

If there are no other issues (ie, blood, repeated vomit, diarreah etc) and she seems otherwise fine it could just be the grass making her vomit.

My dog will occasionally eat grass vomit and then be fine again. Cat does it too.... :thumbsup:

My pup does it too, i realised if she just go to sleep right after dinner, very likely she will throw up in the morning (4-5am), throw up all her dinner and the food came out as a whole..not digested at all.

But she doesnt look sick, she is still happy and look for more food.

So now I make sure to play with her after dinner so she doesn't throw up...