Prayers For Sweep Please

My poor Sweep threw up 2 nights ago, I didn't think much of it as he likes to bury bones and dig them up on occasion. (I try to prevent this but he gets away with it sometimes :D )

He has been taking some anti-biotics and prednisone for around 6 days for his skin, these were vet prescribed of course. (Not the first time he has taken these drugs, he has a history of skin problems)

He didn't eat his dinner that night or last night and I was getting very worried last night, but he was still responsive, pink gums and had elasticity in his skin.

Woke up this morning and although I know he was drinking loads of water last night (he slept next to my bed last night) he was very dehydrated this morning and breathing in pain.

Took him to the vet this morning and he appears to have an enlarged liver. He is still there now getting bloods and is on fluids.

My vet knows I'm broke, but I told her to do whatever it takes.

Please help me prayer for a healthy recovery. I'm trying not to think bad thoughts, but I will fall apart if I loose him.

My_heart_dog_by_ukinia.jpg

Edited by shmoo

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shmoo...

any news yet?

My vet suggested Milk Thistle for two of my dogs who had liver problems... so I would check it out with your vet

Dog's size Dose as % of adult human dose

5 lbs 10%

5-10 lbs 15%

11-20 lbs 20%

21-40 lbs 30%

41-70 lbs 50%

71-100 lbs 75%

100 lbs 100%

note: all the following are processed by the liver:

heartworm meds, flea and tick control meds along with any antibiotics your pet may be taking or pain medications, etc. phenobarbitol

cheers

Helen

ed spelling

Edited by dogbesotted