Prayers For Sweep Please

Shmoo...

any news yet?

My vet suggested Milk Thistle for two of my dogs who had liver problems... so I would check it out with your vet

Dog's size Dose as % of adult human dose

5 lbs 10%

5-10 lbs 15%

11-20 lbs 20%

21-40 lbs 30%

41-70 lbs 50%

71-100 lbs 75%

100 lbs 100%

note: all the following are processed by the liver:

heartworm meds, flea and tick control meds along with any antibiotics your pet may be taking or pain medications, etc. phenobarbitol

cheers

Helen

ed spelling

ty will mention it when i speak to my vet.

it was 2 days ago that i put Advantage on all the dogs :wave:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her first conclusion was the Pred. He has been on this a few times now for his reoccuring allergies, but this time perhaps he didn't cope with it? He is 6.5yrs old, maybe his liver can't cope anymore?

Will liver problems show up in blood results? and is liver damage reversible or manageable?

My vet is currently in surgery, but I am waiting for her to call and let me know how he is doing. Finding it really hard not to drive down there and be with him :wave:

Just spoke to the vet and he hasn't picked up at all. Won't know the blood results until tomorrow. He vomited again and there was blood in it :wave: I really hope its just some stomach lining blood from throwing up so much.

He will be staying at the vets over night.

I don't know what to do with myself. What have others done to keep themselves busy in this kind of situation?

:wave: hun, I'm so sorry Sweep is sick :( Haven't been online today so only just saw this then.

I know how hard it is, I was a mess the whole fortnight Doog was in the vet last time. I just tried to keep busy reading or watching tv, being on DOL etc. The support I had for Darcy last time really helped.

I'm gunna raid tonight (as in play an online game) that will keep me focused on something other than Sweep. Then I will go straight to bed after and wait for the phone call in the morning.

Scott is home with me. We are both just really trying not to think negative thoughts. He is a fighter, and the fact that he is pushing the water bottles away now that his temp is back to normal is a good sign that he still cares!!

I'm gunna raid tonight (as in play an online game) that will keep me focused on something other than Sweep. Then I will go straight to bed after and wait for the phone call in the morning.

Scott is home with me. We are both just really trying not to think negative thoughts. He is a fighter, and the fact that he is pushing the water bottles away now that his temp is back to normal is a good sign that he still cares!!

You can't think negative thoughts, I know its hard, there were so many times I thought Darcy was gone, but they do dig deep and fight.

Best wishes for Sweep's speedy recovery, he's only young so has strength to get through this.

Hugs to you, it's always tough when this happens to our babies. I clean and do lots of things to keep me busy, go to the pounds and help other dogs etc or I'd just sit and cry at these times.

Thank you for the support everybody, it means a lot to me.

I just hope he isn't too scared at the vets, he has never had an over night stay before. Really hoping that he has perked up lots come morning.