Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

We go to our first show training class on weds (if it doesn't rain) and I am nervous about that, let alone going to an actual show!

Leo is very unmotivated and lazy, so we will see how it goes! lol.

Whereabouts are you going to do show training?

We are going to Raymond Terrace, haven't heard any reviews of them so will see how it is, if not we've got hillsborough lined up!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its like alot of breeds some people think Pugs all look the same but believe me they do not :laugh:

I had Irsish Setters before Pugs and I got the same thing with them......... :)

Apparently Bullmastiffs are a lot like pugs too.

Every second person thinks Leo is a pug, every other person thinks he is a Boxer.

Then when I say no, Bullmastiff, they tell me I shouldn't have got one of those because they are killers.

rolleyes.gif

You can't win!

:laugh: the dog on the right is my home bred

"GRAND CHAMPION Mandalay Kaptain Kaos" "Sherman"

Left is also home bred

"CHAMPION Mandalay Shanghi Suprize"

My Prefix is MANDALAY.....

But if you see me in any of the catalogues when you are at shows just come and say Hello....I don't bite.. :)

Ooops :rofl: see I have newbie written all over me :laugh:

I didnt remember the prefix just the van...it was cute! I watched some pugs the show I went to last. They had loads of character :( I liked that they looked like they were having fun. Its funny, the breeds seem to taken on their own personalities.

Do you get up this way poocow?

Going to hide now lol

We go to our first show training class on weds (if it doesn't rain) and I am nervous about that, let alone going to an actual show!

We are going to Raymond Terrace, haven't heard any reviews of them so will see how it is, if not we've got hillsborough lined up!

Ohhh newbies AND locals :laugh:

I am going to hillsborough training Nicky was awesome. Let me know how you get on at the terrace, who knows might see you at training. I have the black and white fluffy who des not enjoy getting his feet damp on a tuesday night. Can you PM me details for the terrace pls?

Bec

Do you show at hillsborough? I think I may have seen a "pug van" there similar to your siggie?

Bec

I dont know that Mandalay has ever travelled that far for a show Bec- she comes from Albury!! :laugh: Her tailer is a lot smaller!!!! :rofl:

for heavens sake dont be frightened to go and say hi to the steward early in the day and say you are new and that you are sitting where ever but that you are listening for your numbrs.. go up when there are about 3 dogs to go... That way you wont miss out! Also buying a catalouge is a great help - you can see where you are in the field and work on about 30 dogs an hour for toys!!!! just remember it is supposed to be a fun day out - some people take it all terribly seriously and think that sheep stations are carried on the back of a win or not - but really it is supposed to be a fun day with your dog - so enjoy!! :laugh::)

Ohhh newbies AND locals :)

I am going to hillsborough training Nicky was awesome. Let me know how you get on at the terrace, who knows might see you at training. I have the black and white fluffy who des not enjoy getting his feet damp on a tuesday night. Can you PM me details for the terrace pls?

Bec

Haha yeh, someone to laugh with when I fall over infront of everyone?!

I sure can do that for you, details coming your way!

If it isn't horrible stormy weather we are going on wednesday (also if I have my dates right :laugh: ) so i'll let ya know how it is!

Luci Ellem also does show training during the day on Wednesdays, although I can't remember the times.

There is also show training at Castle Hill Grounds on a Tuesday night at 7pm. Run by the Dalmation Club but anyone can go. :laugh:

Haha yeh, someone to laugh with when I fall over infront of everyone?!

I sure can do that for you, details coming your way!

I did that - fell over running into the ring, knocked myself senseless and woke up (probably 5 seconds later) to find a whole pile of people gathering and my dog standing guard right next to my head!! :laugh: very funny!

I did that - fell over running into the ring, knocked myself senseless and woke up (probably 5 seconds later) to find a whole pile of people gathering and my dog standing guard right next to my head!! :o very funny!

Lol, thanks, something to look forward too :laugh:

I am the most clumsiest person, and i've done it so many times that I now have an irrational fear of slipping over in the rain..anywhere wet really

Just though if anyone else is hitting the ring for the first time they may want to pop in here???

Maybe we can share our experiences, stuff ups ect lol.....a bit like a newbie support group :laugh:

So I am Bec, about to hit the ring on the 26th for the first time. I am showing a Havanese. I am nuts....he a coated predominantly white dog :o Never been around showing dogs and my breeder is in a different state. She is however very supportive and I have a great lady willing to hold my hand for my first show even though she has her hands full herself (Thanks JO!!!)

Bec

Which show Bec - Morisset?

Just though if anyone else is hitting the ring for the first time they may want to pop in here???

Maybe we can share our experiences, stuff ups ect lol.....a bit like a newbie support group :laugh:

So I am Bec, about to hit the ring on the 26th for the first time. I am showing a Havanese. I am nuts....he a coated predominantly white dog :o Never been around showing dogs and my breeder is in a different state. She is however very supportive and I have a great lady willing to hold my hand for my first show even though she has her hands full herself (Thanks JO!!!)

Bec

She should come to Rylstone, thats where all the cool kids are going :love: ;)

Make sure your knicker elastic is in good nick......back in the Jurassic era( late 70's early 80's)when I was showing I saw a lady handler lose her knickers in the ring, luckily she had a toy dog so wasn't travelling at great speed, her knickers just slid down her legs and landed around her ankles, now here is cool, calm and collected for you-she just paused, took them off and continued gaiting her dog. Everybody was hugely amused of course but nobody said a word-the judge and ring steward were very tactful and pretended it didn't happen!!!

Maybe we can share our experiences, stuff ups ect lol.....a bit like a newbie support group :D

So I am Bec, about to hit the ring on the 26th for the first time. I am showing a Havanese. I am nuts....he a coated predominantly white dog :mad Never been around showing dogs and my breeder is in a different state. She is however very supportive and I have a great lady willing to hold my hand for my first show even though she has her hands full herself (Thanks JO!!!)

Bec

Yep :laugh: I'll be the one in grp 1 that everyone is pointing and laughing at! Oh......except maybe the judge..........

Good luck Angelsophie :laugh:

I have my first show, ok members comp, cos I am too much of a wuss to actually enter a show on Thursday night.

I did the same thing and went and got a white coated Samoyed as my first show dog :D and he isn't quite a puppy anymore so I can only blame his bad behaviour on myself. My breeder is great but the only time she is ever free I am at work and vice versa.

If anyone in the Melbourne area can recommend some good shows for a newbie to enter as well as the best place to get grooming tips that would be ace.

Maybe we can share our experiences, stuff ups ect lol.....a bit like a newbie support group :D

So I am Bec, about to hit the ring on the 26th for the first time. I am showing a Havanese. I am nuts....he a coated predominantly white dog :mad Never been around showing dogs and my breeder is in a different state. She is however very supportive and I have a great lady willing to hold my hand for my first show even though she has her hands full herself (Thanks JO!!!)

Bec

Yep :laugh: I'll be the one in grp 1 that everyone is pointing and laughing at! Oh......except maybe the judge..........

I'll try to locate you and say hi :eek:

AS and Toby will go fantastically. I have to say it cna be frustrating with newbies who dont listen but so far AS has listened and is absorbing everything. I remember when she was just getting a pet :laugh: Toby is just beautiful and groomed fantastically. With a face like that he has to be an :D

Bec

I'll try to locate you and say hi :eek:

That would be great. I'll have the black and white super brat on the end if the lead :)