Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

I have a wee brag too, Kite got best of breed and minor in group, I was soooo excited just getting best of breed but to also finally crack it and get an in group with her was great! The same judge put up a friend pug 3rd in sweepstakes in the morning so we all definately like him LOL!

ETA congrads on you win Bec, and also just thought I should mention I think he moved really well when he went in for in group, he was much more even and not as excited as he looked when he went in for his class!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats Bec and Sammy.

I was very excited watching Toby get his first "big" win! Well done!!!

Congrats to you too, Sammy. I didn't realise that was you on the other side of Bec so I will make sure to say hello next time.

And Jess - congratulations on Leo's nice rear end! How did Morgan go poocow?

Good luck for those of you competing tomorrow. I'm off to a soccer presentation instead.

Deb :laugh:

Congrats Bec and Sammy!!!

Morgan got her class today but was non-awarded bitch challenge as the judge said she was too young. The other Field person and a lot of exhibitors around didn't understand, so it wasn't just me who was like WTF?

thanks poocow and sammy :laugh:

The boy did good compared to what we have been doing!!

Yesterday I was waiting to go into the ring and there was a minor and an older dog in the ring going for bob and the judge laughed and all the older dogs got it.

I am not sure how they can be judged too young for challenge when the rules clearly state dogs over 6 months are elligible?????????

thanks poocow and sammy :D

The boy did good compared to what we have been doing!!

Yesterday I was waiting to go into the ring and there was a minor and an older dog in the ring going for bob and the judge laughed and all the older dogs got it.

I am not sure how they can be judged too young for challenge when the rules clearly state dogs over 6 months are elligible?????????

I agree, if they are elligible at 6months they shouldnt be non award for being too young, it doesnt make a whole lots of sense. better luck tomoro Poocow (provided you are competing that is) :laugh:

My two cents worth, many judges don't like to judge the youngsters as they are changing so much all the time as they grow, and it would be made doubly difficult if there was no others to compare the dog against.

You may have a perfect looking speciment at 6 months that is in a pet home by 12 months, so to want to wait till a dog is mature is a fair call i think. On the other hand, the judge needs to be judging the dog as they see it on the day... so, there you go.

Judge's make the call. Some will make one call, some make another.

Gareth - I get what your saying re a dog changing till mature, and I am so new to all of this its not funny, but the judge is judging that dog to the breed standard as it is shown on that day isnt? So if a dog at 7 months is a fantastic example of the breed and shows and is presented well, and according to the rules they are entitled to challenge points shoudlnt they be awarded? Yes they may change in a month but hey they may not either - how can you non award on what the dog will potentially become and not what it presently IS. I still dont get it?

I am showing what is still a rareish breed and I would be happy to be non awarded if waranted, and in our breed its happened, that way when (and if) my boy makes his title I can feel I have earned it.

Bec

edited to say I am not having a go - I find I learn alot from these kinds of topics

Edited by angelsophie

you may enjoy this girls!

There was a time, there really was,

When I was sweet and tender;

When Show Dog meant a Disney Star,

and bitch was not a gender.

I went to bed at half past ten;

I went to church on sunday;

On Saturday I baked the beans

and did the wash on Monday.

But then I got a certain pup,

And an erstwhile friend said "SHOW",

And so I did and so I do,

OH! What I didn't know.

I used to dress with flair and style,

That was the life, don't knock it.

But now each dress from bed to ball

Must have a good bait pocket.

I used to have a certain air,

I wallowed in perfume,

I used to smell of Niut D'Amour,

Now I smell like Mr. Groom.

My furniture was haute decor,

My pets a tank of guppies.

Now I've furniture unstuffed,

And well-adjusted puppies.

Once I spoke in pristine prose,

In dulcet tones and frail,

But now I'm using laguage,

That would turn a sailor pale.

I was taught to be well groomed

no matter where I went.

Now all the grooming that I do

is in the handler's tent.

I used to long for furs and jewels

And a figure classed as super,

Now the thing I yearn for most

is a nice new pooper scooper.

I adored a man who murmured verse,

through intimate little dinners,

But now the words I thrill to hear,

Are just three-"Best of Winners".

I rise at dawn and pack the car,

the road ahead's a long one.

The one I routed on the maps,

Invariably's the wrong one.

I really love this doggy life,

I wouldn't care to change it.

But when I get that Best in Show,

I plan to rearrange it.

When my time on earth is done,

I'll go without much nudging.

Just give me three weeks closing date,

and let me know who's judging

Well done guys :)

The poor little man is knackered. Was a little short with Roxy and just wants to sleep. We didn't make it the whole way through obediance today cause he kept plonking himself on the ground..I got that enough was enough :thumbsup: ..Plenty of snoring last night, extra noisey because he decided to sleep on my head ..But now i'm kind of looking forward to november lol.

yay!!!!!

Were in the naughty corner today lol Toby was a SUPERbrat. He was so naughty. I had strangers say he did so much better yesterday and was really "getting it" and today he was naughty naughty naughty ;) it was our fourth show in 3 days and he's only 7 months old. I am still so proud of him for yesterday though and lucky for him he does have so many redemming qualities - just enough that I still feel like I have taken the best dog home :( He is as happy as larry being a nutter with my son now.

Why is there no naughtiest in show? we could have gone to junior handlers as a fine example of how NOT to show your dog :p

still a great weekend :cry:

Bec

At least your BOBs Sammy are against competition!

In a couple of weeks there should be a good turnout of Fields down in Goulburn!!!

:cry: Ooo will be fun to have a few feilds in the one place I'm sure! I always enjoy meeting new pointees...