Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(cross posted from the sighthound thread)

Well we have some Great news and some dissappointing news.

Firstly, On Friday Oberon got BOB against competition. I was so excited. Very, very happy. Only 2 borzoi at the show but still that was our first goal(points against competition). :bottom::laugh:

He went back in for Junior and best in group and was the most amazing civilised Oberon I have ever seen. He stacked well and stayed in the stack. A little slow at moving, think it was the heat. I was just so pleased.

I was geared up for the Saturday, got there all set up and went to check out the showsuits for sale. tied Oberon up about 2m away to a park bench. Silly me thought it was screwed to the concrete. He got spooked, don't know why and dragged the bench a few metres till the leash broke. Looked fine at first but then saw his toe was bleeding. So off to the vet we went. He stayed in overnight and the vet said there should be no issue with it. All stitched. i hated leaving him overnight. Poor things sleeping it off today. Wish us a quick recovery and soothing thoughts for my baby.

And a big thank you to those who helped him, myself and my dad with packing up and getting us on our way. It was greatly appreciated.

Well done PM and Oberon!! That's great news. I'm sorry to hear about Oberon's toe - I hope it heals up really quickly :eek:

ETA: Ruby is entered for her first show at Bendigo on Feb 25th. :eek:! I ran into her breeder at Bulla last week (and so didn't end up making it round to the Group 3 ring Gumnut - how did you and your breeders dog end up going by the way? ) and got some good tips on stacking, and she said I was doing really well with Ruby's leash training :eek: Another lady who also has a dog she got from Ruby's breeder, has offered to handle Ruby for me on the 25th, so I have the option to chicken out if I'm not feeling confident!

Edited by parrotpea

• 4 weeks later...
Halo has her debut on Friday. I'm starting to get a bit nervous - she's become a monster when there's food around, but will stack nicely without it. So no food for Miss Halo until after she's finished. :) Hopefully she'll behave herself. :thumbsup:

goodluck! We aren't ready for using food yet. he's too unpredictable with it.

Halo has her debut on Friday. I'm starting to get a bit nervous - she's become a monster when there's food around, but will stack nicely without it. So no food for Miss Halo until after she's finished. :) Hopefully she'll behave herself. :thumbsup:

Good Luck.

I have to use food for Alera as it keeps her attention but it is a fine balance as she will offer a sit if not rewarded quickly enough.

Alera won her first Best of Breed the other day against competition. It was three other dogs all but one older than her so it made me happy. Especially since the day before in two shows she could only manage to beat one dog to get runner up bitch challenge.

She did really well in Group this time and stood for the whole time which is a plus for her she seems to have developed a radar for when teh judge is looking to take that as her chance to sit.

Here is a photo of us in group curtsy of Lappiemum.

alera1.jpg

Edited by Evolving

Good luck to you and Halo for Friday, don't forget to let us know how you go :thumbsup:

My boy is very keen if there is a ball or squeaky in sight :thumbsup:

Halo has her debut on Friday. I'm starting to get a bit nervous - she's become a monster when there's food around, but will stack nicely without it. So no food for Miss Halo until after she's finished. :thumbsup: Hopefully she'll behave herself. :thumbsup:

Good Luck.

I have to use food for Alera as it keeps her attention but it is a fine balance as she will offer a sit if not rewarded quickly enough.

Alera won her first Best of Breed the other day against competition. It was three other dogs all but one older than her so it made me happy. Especially since the day before in two shows she could only manage to beat one dog to get runner up bitch challenge.

She did really well in Group this time and stood for the whole time which is a plus for her she seems to have developed a radar for when teh judge is looking to take that as her chance to sit.

Here is a photo of us in group curtsy of Lappiemum.

alera1.jpg

Congratulations Evolving you must have been very chuffed with that result :)

Great pic too :thumbsup:

Last night was Halo's first show. I wasn't nervous when I got in there for breed OR group. Go figure! Halo was really good in breed - did a nice up and back and stood relatively still and let the judge check her teeth. She had a nap on Dad's chest for an hour before Group, and she then went to toilet, so when we were back in the ring she just wanted to play. So she would not stand still in her stack while the judge walked past and he commented on her naughtiness. :thumbsup: Of course, the instant he walked past, she stood still and behaved herself. :thumbsup: Had a good evening though and we both had fun which is the main thing. :o

Edited by whiskedaway

• 3 weeks later...

We had our first showring experience last weekend at the SBT club Vic champ show. Ruby was beautiful on the saturday, but on the sunday was really over it and not stacking or walking nicely. We didn't win anything but we had a good time and I was very pleased that it wasn't as scary as I thought it might be :noidea: