Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

I'll see you at hillsborough then :cry:

Nope wasnt really that scary lol once he pooped 2 mins into the ring we could only go up from there :D we only do "local" shows. hillsborough aand morriset. we're still in baby till sept 10

When was Toby born? That is nearly the same as Leo, I think he is a little bit later in sept though

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll see you at hillsborough then :cry:

Nope wasnt really that scary lol once he pooped 2 mins into the ring we could only go up from there :D we only do "local" shows. hillsborough aand morriset. we're still in baby till sept 10

When was Toby born? That is nearly the same as Leo, I think he is a little bit later in sept though

march 10

:laugh: Oh well if the newbie with the black and white dog with the hopeless handler isnt a give away, the photo on here is :thumbsup: see you on the 15th?? I was floored at the numbers of pugs entered at morriset I have to say. They seem very well represented.

How long did it take everyone to get their membership/registration back?

It's been quiet a while and mine still hasn't come so just wondering what the average was :laugh: we wanted to get into one of the shows coming up but don't know if it'll be happening if we don't get it!

Only a couple of weeks from memory.

What show were you planning on doing?

Well didn't have any particular one I was hoping for, I just want to get the first over and done with before I back out :thumbsup: I know there is one at hillsborough early sept, and in august too (from memory) so probably just one of those, because he will still be in baby puppy then.

I sent mine two weeks ago, so it shouldn't be far off?

Send your entries in now because you don't have to be a member to show baby puppies. And anyway, the entries usually close around 3 weeks before the show and you will probably have your membership by then.

:rofl: Oh well if the newbie with the black and white dog with the hopeless handler isnt a give away, the photo on here is :laugh: see you on the 15th?? I was floored at the numbers of pugs entered at morriset I have to say. They seem very well represented.

:rofl: Whoops, looks like I am telling a wee little fib, I wont be at the 15th show because the 15th is my bday :laugh: cant be stuffed showing on my Bday! :rofl:

But the hillsbrough and morisset shows that are on in september I will definately be at! :thumbsup:

Yes pugs are always well represented at the newcastle area shows usually there is between 15 and 35+ the average seems to be about 25ish. Apparently (from what I've been told) the judge who was at morisset is a good pug judge so I'm assuming that the entries would have been in the high 20's.

:D Oh well if the newbie with the black and white dog with the hopeless handler isnt a give away, the photo on here is :( see you on the 15th?? I was floored at the numbers of pugs entered at morriset I have to say. They seem very well represented.

:) Whoops, looks like I am telling a wee little fib, I wont be at the 15th show because the 15th is my bday :D cant be stuffed showing on my Bday! :)

But the hillsbrough and morisset shows that are on in september I will definately be at! :mad

Yes pugs are always well represented at the newcastle area shows usually there is between 15 and 35+ the average seems to be about 25ish. Apparently (from what I've been told) the judge who was at morisset is a good pug judge so I'm assuming that the entries would have been in the high 20's.

I have the catalogue with Toby's first ribbon so I can tell you :laugh: Hubby said he though one placed well in group??? I was too busy rolling my eyes at my puppy who wouldnt stack in baby of group but promptly left the ring and stacked at my feet :)

Edited by angelsophie

I wanted to share my very first time in the ring about 9 years ago, with my lovely little lab pup. I had some friends who helped me with entries etc. Had been going along to show training for a few weeks!

Decided that a local ag show would be the best and least stressful start to showing. So headed off with my gorgeous little pup, my home made dog crate and one of the quilts off the kids beds to lie her on! (Got many comments about my home made crate - all nice but usually with a good roll of the eyes as the people walked away.)

There were 4 pups in the baby puppy class, so I lined up and started a conversation with one of the other competitors, the banter was light until the person then said, "cute pup, but definitely not show material!!!!"

I just wanted to cry! I went in the ring and she didn't come last so that was nice! The puppy behaved so well and the judge was lovely, steward was really helpful and had a great time, except for that comment.

Of course down the track after showing her for about 9 months, and some baby puppy class wins, 2 sweepstake wins. A baby in group win and minor in group win - her bite went all over the place and I had to stop showing her.

If however I had of taken what that person said at my very first show to heart, I wouldn't be doing it today! I think people need to be careful what they say to Newcomers, and possibly keep their opinions to themself. I learnt a lot with my first girl and don't regret a minute of it!

Edited by shellbyville

:D Oh well if the newbie with the black and white dog with the hopeless handler isnt a give away, the photo on here is :rofl: see you on the 15th?? I was floored at the numbers of pugs entered at morriset I have to say. They seem very well represented.

:) Whoops, looks like I am telling a wee little fib, I wont be at the 15th show because the 15th is my bday :rofl: cant be stuffed showing on my Bday! :rofl:

But the hillsbrough and morisset shows that are on in september I will definately be at! :laugh:

I have the catalogue with Toby's first ribbon so I can tell you :) Hubby said he though one placed well in group??? I was too busy rolling my eyes at my puppy who wouldnt stack in baby of group but promptly left the ring and stacked at my feet :laugh:

Yeah if ou have the dogalouge and dont mind counting them up I'd love to know how many were entered.

You hubby is probably right, usually seeings pugs are so well represented atleast one will do well at group level!

;) Oh well if the newbie with the black and white dog with the hopeless handler isnt a give away, the photo on here is :cheer: see you on the 15th?? I was floored at the numbers of pugs entered at morriset I have to say. They seem very well represented.

:D Whoops, looks like I am telling a wee little fib, I wont be at the 15th show because the 15th is my bday :( cant be stuffed showing on my Bday! ;)

But the hillsbrough and morisset shows that are on in september I will definately be at! :cry:

I have the catalogue with Toby's first ribbon so I can tell you :) Hubby said he though one placed well in group??? I was too busy rolling my eyes at my puppy who wouldnt stack in baby of group but promptly left the ring and stacked at my feet :D

Yeah if ou have the dogalouge and dont mind counting them up I'd love to know how many were entered.

You hubby is probably right, usually seeings pugs are so well represented atleast one will do well at group level!

32!! lots of pugs :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Well done to everyone who has had their first shows!

I'm new on here and new to showing. Is anyone going to be at Hillsborough tomorrow? I'm doing the PM show with my Min Pin, Charm, and it is only our 2nd show ever.

Charm had her first show at Taree on 7th August, just the Friday show. She was the only Min Pin there and was entered in Baby Puppy. She behaved herself very well! We move up into Minors for tomorrow's show, and I assume there'll be a couple of other Min Pins there which will be great.

Deb :rofl:

Hi Deb,

i noticed this too late! I was grooming last night for the two shows today. How did you go?? Today was our second and third go. 2x Baby puppy of breed (but we were the only baby puppy Hav entered ;) )

Was a nice day there today I have to say :winner: hoping you went well. I will be at most hillsborough shows as they are nice and handy.....me and Toby popped home for lunch in between as we only live 5 min away lol

Bec

PS how did everyone else go???