What Do You Feed Your Dog?

spunky

I was just wondering what everyone feeds their dogs. We feed ours Eukanuba(sp?) and occasionally canned food but it makes my dog sick. They get walked once a day and my dog(border collie x greyhound) is very athletic. Are they getting enough?

I feed mine Eukanuba Maintenance and occasional table scraps (a few left over hot chips, left over pasta or rice etc). He's very fit, very lean and in beautiful condition. He gets at least 2 walks a day or one walk and 15 mins to belt around the back yard (we live in a 2br apartment).

Hello spunky,

I feed my guys 2 cups of kibble (either Working Dog Supercoat or Bonnie Working Dog) or a chicken carcas, chicken wings, chicken necks, lamb or beef off cuts (with fat taken out) and veggies or leftovers.

My guys are very happy, active and healthy. :laugh:

I would suggest that you add some bones to your dogs diet as they need this to keep their gums and teeth clean and healthy not to mention the nutritional value. :laugh:

I feed my 10 week old Maremma pup a cup of kibble for breakfast, plus 3/4 C at dinner along with vegies and either some freah kangaroo mince, chicken necks or wings, or a beef offcut (fat left on).

As she grows, she will not be fed as much, its only while she is growing and being hyperactive and playful.

She also got a lolly I accidently dropped on the floor yesterday!

edit: when I say a cup, I don't mean a metric cup, its' an old Harry Potter cup that I use, 250mL size. I mean a cup of that or 3/4 C of that...

Edited by Divine Angel

No wonder they get sick on canned food, it wrecks havok on their digestive system. Raw meaty bones would make a much healthier, satisfying addition to their diet. :laugh:

Chris, what breed is Tyson?

My guys are all BARF fed, they get two walks a day and are extremely healthy. They are two Papillons and a Whippet and are all extremely athletic. :rofl:

Bayley has had 2 weeks of chicken frames to clear up his hot spots (as well as a visit to the beach). Now that that is cleared up, he gets chicken frames as well as starting him on Supercoat Sensitive.

Lucy gets chicken necks & bums (we cut them from the frames we give Bayley) and Supercoat Sensitive as well. I find it easier to feed them the same thing.

Until recently we were massively over-feeding them both so are now religiously ensuring that they get the right amount!

We used to give them occasional wet food (as a sort of treat) but although Bayley copes with it fine, Lucy gets the runs :laugh:

By the way, Bayley is an Amstaff and Lucy is maltese x shih tzu

My boys are on IAMS... the GSD is not interested in food and when he has his dinner he walks off and looks at birds, IAMS is the first food that he wiggles his tail for.

My Rotty eats anyhting but I have noticed on IAMS the dog bombs are smaller and smell better. I had to use Optimum for a week and boy, the yard smelt so bad I had to keep windows closed.

Big dinosaur bones weekly and some scraps.

Nova gets fed BARF patties and mostly home cooked food for tea in the morning he gets a chook frame and one of those dentastick thingys (loves em)

I have noticed he is more active (is it possible? :rofl: ) but he did have a quiet time for about a week after the switch i think he was sulking :rofl: , coats gorgeous laying flat for once!! and a bit straighter then usual and his poo is smaller and there is less of it i realise (just got of poo duty).

Ohh he also gets about a handful of that Optimum dry food with tea.

Thanks Natasha

p.s he is a full grown Toller entire male with very high levels of energy

Edited by tollersowned

Guest cloverfdch

My 2 (Rotti x, and a young hyperactive Border Collie) get 95% BARF and a small ammount of Dry food (Purina Working Dog) once this lot of dry food is gone i wont be getting it anymore. We were qouted $8 per Rabbit carcass the other day :( i wont be getting those.

so should they be getting a bone once a week? They get pigs ears as treats and also those Dentabone things a few times a month. Is it bad that they have food available to them all day and night? Sapper eats probably around two cups of it every morning and night and nibbles at it during the day and night,