Hydrobath Price

RL1

Can someone tell me how much a single tub, heated Hydrobath costs ? I'm thinking about buying

one for my dogs, but every site i've looked at tonight doesn't list any price.

Any recommendations on stores would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

When I bought mine from Conmurra about 6 years ago it was $1100 and $200 for the trolley.

Things would have changed by now.. but that gives you a starting figure to prepare yourself for.

I did work out at the time, with washing three dogs every fortnight (then it cost me $35/fn) to wash the dogs.. It would take me 18 months to "pay the bath off" by not paying someone else to do it.

I know the cost of bathing dogs through a mobile place has gone up.. I think a friend of mine charges about $29 for border collie sized dog through a major franchise business.

Thanks Mystiq.

The cheapest i found on the web today is a fiberglass FIDO, single tank with heating for $1760. That's for the base

model. It's about another $220 for twin tanks, which i don't need.

I also found a few others ranging from $2500 to $3000.

Or i could go second hand through ebay or similar.

My current Hydrobath "Lady" charges $30 in total to come out and do the two Rottweilers. Fairly basic service. Quick brush,

check the ears and into the bath.

Edited by RottyLover01

I'm looking for a hydrobath too, can you please post the link to the $1760 FIDO one? I haven't seen them at that price.

I'm still deciding on a brand too, and I've found the same as you, a lot of the online shops don't list the prices and you have to email them for the prices.

Good luck in your search :rofl:

Rotty Lover, seeing as you are an accomplished handyman I would simply set up hot/cold taps outside and put your money towards a force dryer. The dryer gets out all the loose coat and also, obviously dries the dog!

You could always buy some sort of dog basin to sit the dogs in, but personally I would just set up taps.

If I ever sold my business, I would give my hydrobath the flick, keep my dryer and call the plumber in to install taps. :thumbsup:

Rotty Lover, seeing as you are an accomplished handyman I would simply set up hot/cold taps outside and put your money towards a force dryer. The dryer gets out all the loose coat and also, obviously dries the dog!

You could always buy some sort of dog basin to sit the dogs in, but personally I would just set up taps.

If I ever sold my business, I would give my hydrobath the flick, keep my dryer and call the plumber in to install taps. :D

Firstly, i take offence at the handyman remark. :thumbsup:

I know what you're saying. I already have one of those FIDO bath tubs. I have in the past ran a hose for

hot and cold from the washing machine outside and washed them that way. I just think the Hydrobath would

work better. I have the ideal spot for it. Power there and it's undercover.

I wouldn't really go the dryer option, i just use a couple towels. It's a bit too feminine to get out

a dryer for the Rotts. :curtsey:

Appreciate the advice.

Hey BD..

Got a price from Mavlab today. The cheapest Hydrobath is $1898. You can buy the

exact same bath from retail places for $100 less, yet Mavlab is the manufacturer !..

Edited by RottyLover01

I think a friend of mine charges about $29 for border collie sized dog through a major franchise business.

Holy crap... just for a bath? :cheer:

At our local Petwise store they have their own grooming salon with 3 baths (Conmurra), 4 dryers (Oldfield), and a grooming table - unlimited DIY use of their grooming facilities is just $5 per dog.

I picked up a 2nd hand Conmurra bath for $750. Unheated, single tank - exactly what I wanted.

Miss B.

She has one of the major franchisees. The last time I was talking to her, that was the going rate for a BC sized dog.

I do not know what others add to their service, but that is bath, ears cleaned, blow dryed and sprayed with a deoderant and a piece of biscuit. I think nails clipped are included. The blow dry is only a get rid of major water.. Not a full blow dry, although I think in winter she may spend more time drying them.

Gee baths have gone up a fair bit since I bought mine (knew it would have). I bought mine straight from Conmurra when they were at salisbury in brisbane. I did order mine at the pet expo at the time, so dont know if there was a show special or not.

If you buy second hand, check heaters and pumps. You don't know how well either have been looked after.

I think a friend of mine charges about $29 for border collie sized dog through a major franchise business.

Holy crap... just for a bath? :laugh:

That's actually very cheap. I charge base rate $55, it usually ends up costing more though due to coat condition.

I wouldn't really go the dryer option, i just use a couple towels. It's a bit too feminine to get out

a dryer for the Rotts. smile.gif

Get in touch with your inner woman! :cheer: If you saw how much hair flew out you might change your mind. The wall is covered in black coat after I force dry my Rott. The breed never ceases to amaze me with how much they can shed.

If you buy second hand, check heaters and pumps. You don't know how well either have been looked after.

I'm not too concerned about the pump. I'm an electrician so i can repair/replace if i need to.

Also the new hydrobath only has a 3 month warranty on the heater.

The breed never ceases to amaze me with how much they can shed.

Yes !! Bloody hell i can't believe it myself. I have Rott hair ending up in places of the house

that the dogs don't even go near.

That's actually very cheap. I charge base rate $55, it usually ends up costing more though due to coat condition.

Good lord :cheer:

I remember a couple years ago the mobile hydrobath places were charging $16 for a bath.

Glad you posted clyde I was thinking how cheap that was too! I wouldn't even bath and towel dry a BC for $27 :grouphug:

I prefer to spend the time and effort, dry and brush out thoroughly, yes it takes a lot of extra time and the client has to pay but the end result is great.

Love doing the BC's they always look so fluffy and white when they're finished.

I bought my hydrobath from Perfect Paws in WA, about 18 months ago, and it has been fantastic. It is a twin tub and was about $2300 I think with the stand and a few extras eg. more tie points, heater cut out thingy etc.. so a single tank would be cheaper again.